Four Misc Questions ... Any Help is Appreciated!!Support

Last Updated:

1. jdmba

jdmba Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my incredible since release and a few items are still baffling me ... any answers to any of the below are greatly appreciated:

1) I noticed that for contacts which are also linked to Facebook, a LOT more information shows up on my Incredible under the people page; but that this additional information does not sync back to my Outlook. Is there a setting to "capture" this additional information as part of a sync?

2) Is there any way to make the icons on the home page (or the other pages) smaller so that more can fit on each page?

3) Is there a way to update the bookmarks on the Incredible from a PC? I do NOT store bookmarks in any given browser (although I use Firefox), preferring to use Roboform (which attaches to ALL browsers). With this, I am not looking for a sync; but would love to NOT try to retype tons of addresses on that on-screen keyboard.

4) Is there a way to stop android updates, recurring birthdays, and the like from beeping every 20 minutes? While I have no objection to being notified of regular appointments, etc., the beeping every 20 minutes at midnight, 1AM, 2AM (is somewhat problematic). I leave my phone on vibrate (or speaker off) to compensate (and get a good nights sleep) but if I forget, there goes that night's sleep.

5) Some of my contacts have 3 (or more words), such as "Doctor Steve Smith" but others abbreviate to two. I cannot figure out where this decision is being made, but Outlook (which is used with HTC Sync) has the "Display as" properly consistent in all cases. I would rather have the 3 words (so doctors are all together), but only 1 doctor is showing up that way. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

#1 There are a few ways to mine phone numbers from Facebook contacts, but (as far a s I can find, no way to grab all fb provided into.I would love a way to click on a fb contact and COPY that contact's info to my contact list (which would allow for sycing)

#2: more icons widget More Icons Widget - Android app on AppBrain

#3 search for Droid options with Roboform. Maybe stgart here https://online.roboform.com/ Otherwise I would think Roboform would allof to export to html.

Another option is to use KeePass on the Inc, There are ways to import/export from RObo to KeePass.

3. wannainc

wannainc Well-Known Member

To make your icons smaller or fit more icons you can try "more icons free widget" from the market....but the one I like even better is "speed dial folder launcher" from the app market. It is AWESOME and you can fit dozens of apps into the one area...

As far as not getting beeping when you dont want it try "setting profiles" in the app market. You can tell it to not beep at night, or any time you want. You can also set other settings like if you dont want your phone to ring at night, etc. It works really good!
    Good luck!:)

4. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

I would like to know how to make all sound notifications NON persistent (non repeating), also.

My microwave is like that and I I cannot stand silly behavior like that.

If you just want to quiet it at night, I use Profiles Profile - Android app on AppBrain

It offers scheduled and on demand profile switching

5. jwjohnson

jwjohnson Member

The profile switching is fine for when I don't wan't to hear the notifications at all, but I agree with those above that we really need a way to set whether notifications repeat or not.