• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FourPong

Putz1103

Lurker
Sep 4, 2010
I've just realeased my first Android application, FourPong. I'm still planning on implimenting a brickbreaker style "enhancements" feature during gameplay. Hopefully that will be up soon.

It's pretty straight forward right now. Select the number of players (default is one, can be up to four). Select a difficulty (default is easy (too easy)). And press "New Game." The other options:

Flubber: makes the balls go faster the more times they bounce
Ball Type: more or less rotational effect, like ping pong balls. football is random direction after each bounce
Ball size: pixel size to a quarter of the screen

I will set up a time based finish as well as score based, but for now it just plays on indefinitely until you press the menu key and select main menu.

I am open to any and all input. Suggestions are very welcome as well as any bug reports. 3 and 4 player modes only work on the Samsung Galaxy S phones, otherwise two player works on all others (except the Nexu One that can only handle single player). Let me know what you think.

Menu.jpg

playing.jpg

scoreScreen.jpg

Sorry if these pictures are obnoxiousely huge, I resized them smaller, but they show up large either way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones