1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Fox Fi issue after updateSupport

1. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

After I downloaded the new update on my s4 all of sudden Te fox Fi is now asking me to start paying for it or call Customer service. Before the update I was using my phone as a router on road trips worked great now I can't. So what happen, any one?

Advertisement
    :
  2. TrueMetalGeek

TrueMetalGeek Well-Known Member

Yup same here.

I finally realized that when it asks you to go online or call customer support, just click to go online which is the Verizon app and then close the Verizon app.

Otherwise when you click CANCEL it shuts it down.

It's annoying but after a try or two the hotspot will activate.

Occasionally it gives an error and I just close foxfi and restart it doing the process again.
    GatorfanDroid likes this.
  3. TexasLegend

TexasLegend Well-Known Member

I can get the hotspot to open but nothing will connect to it. USB on my laptop works pretty good but the hotpot is so much more convenient and allows multiple connections.
  4. GatorfanDroid

Thanks man this worked the first time I tried! Did or is version trying to block us? Or just the updat issue? Also seems to work justice normal now which is good. I thought perhaps I downloaded to gb at once. Whew.
  5. TexasLegend

This is what I look like when I run foxfi....think I run the risk of opting into tethering service simply by using foxfi? I didn't active the first tethering notification.

Attached Files:

6. GatorfanDroid

Texas that is a different then what I'm using. I'm using fox Fi mobile wifi app. Works great.
  7. TexasLegend

There is something different than this?

Attached Files:

8. GatorfanDroid

Texas Yup that is the one I use fox Fi works great. Just gotta use the work around for the hot spot. Now what I'm having to do is leaving the mobile vzw open in order to use the hot spot. Stupid update.