• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Loving the new Maxx!

BUT, I miss the fact that Foxfi hotspot feature doesn't work anymore. Anyone get Foxfi to work on the Maxx?

(Just came from Razr Maxx HD which was getting ridiculously laggy. The Maxx is an amazingly snappy beast!)

i don't think anyone did, at least not without root. ironically, it works on the vzw moto X without root.

many of us have used a simple sql hack to enable stock hotspot after obtaining root. no need to even use the new method that gives you root+rw on /system (i.e., pwnyourmoto), you can use an old version (ancient at 2 weeks now?) called motoroot, which just gives you root. i recomment version 1.0 (or whatever the very very first public released version was called) as it doesn't even change the built in flash counter on the phone.

Upvote 0
Loving the new Maxx!

BUT, I miss the fact that Foxfi hotspot feature doesn't work anymore. Anyone get Foxfi to work on the Maxx?

(Just came from Razr Maxx HD which was getting ridiculously laggy. The Maxx is an amazingly snappy beast!)

Pdanet tether USB works great but not wireless, since I tether to laptop don't really need the wireless plus didn't like had to use the pattern unlock to get wireless to work on my RAZR maxx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones