• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fox News App Icon

befitz812

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
I'm a little new at this, just got my first smartphone. I just got the Samsung Epic 4G Touch and downloaded the Fox News app. The app has been there for the past day or so, but this morning a Fox News icon just showed up in the upper lefthand corner of my screen (where all the other (email, download, messaging) notifications show up). I tried turning off notifications for Fox News, but the icon did not go away. Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to keep the app, but don't want the icon on the screen all of the time.

Open the notification drawer and either hit clear or click on the link, usually it's some breaking news article.

I'm not sure if you have figured this out yet or not, but to open that notification drawer you place you finger on the bar on the top and slide down towards the bottom to open it. Just like a regular drawer, except it's going down instead of coming out :)

Upvote 0
Open the notification drawer and either hit clear or click on the link, usually it's some breaking news article.

I'm not sure if you have figured this out yet or not, but to open that notification drawer you place you finger on the bar on the top and slide down towards the bottom to open it. Just like a regular drawer, except it's going down instead of coming out :)

I can't find a way to turn off Notifications for the Fox News App. How do you do it? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones