Fox News covers the EVO ($10 4G is real)General

Last Updated:

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member

I would like to try the Evo out...but I only have two concerns. One is battery life. Sprint has said very little regarding it. As bad as the Moment's battery life is, I'm only going to imagine that the Evo's is worse. The second concern is why I have to pay 10 dollars a month for 4G service, when I don't have it, and Sprint may never roll it out here. If I can't use it, I AIN'T paying for it...so having said that, I probably will not be getting an Evo...looks like the Moment 2 awaits me at upgrade time.

3. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

Would I pay an extra $10 a month for 4g?

Hell yes.

4. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have heard a lot about new advances in battery tech in the last two years, so it would surprise me greatly if HTC put out such a powerful phone and coupled it with a weak-ass battery. That said, we still can't really depend on smart phones to last more than about 12-15 hours with moderate use... so that's the bar I measure from.

5. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

i think that the 10 bucks a month might be reasonable if you can wifi tether on the 3g network without the extra charges sprint is know for.

6. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. A screen that big that uses LCD instead of the much more energy efficient AMOLED... I expect that thing to suck a battery like a "insert dirty pun"