Foxfi and ZTE?Support

Last Updated:

1. Team Android

Team Android Member

i just got the zte warp sequent, not bad! but i can't get foxfi to work. my laptop and old android see the hotspot but won't connect, even though the foxfi hotspot is on! i remember my brother had the og warp and wifi hotspot wasn't working either, is this a zte thing?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. SuperR

SuperR Well-Known Member Developer

there are 2 ways to get wifi tether working. first is by rooting your device and using one of the wifi tether root apps. second is using a custom rom that has it built in.
  3. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

its an incompatability with foxfi not an inability to use it as a hotspot. as superr said both of those things work just make sure you get wifi tether for root users off of the play store not from an outside source and use the generic ics/jb wlan0 profile
  4. Team Android

Team Android Member

so rooting is a must if i want to able to use my ZTE warp sequent as a hotspot?
  5. junkie2100

yep. cant do it without root
    Team Android likes this.
  6. ral446

ral446 Active Member

I agree with all the other posts. I have a rooted sequent with stock rom (b09) and use it regularly as a wifi hotspot. Right now, I'm using Barnacle Wifi Tether and it works fine.
  7. Team Android

Team Android Member

I've been reading about a potential Jellybean update, should i just root the phone now or wait until it's been updated? :D
  8. junkie2100

i never had much luck with barnacle it was always kinda buggy for me but im not saying it wont work. as far as the update goes though there are two problems with your theory. rooting wont effect your ability to upgrade. root now and youll still be able to run the update and do everything just fine

also there is no guarantee youll be able to root the new update. the tool we have is built for ics, new update is jellybean. we may have to find a workaround
  9. rlphbgby

rlphbgby Well-Known Member

Yeah root now. You can always go back to stock then update if you want.
  10. junkie2100

as far as i know rooting shouldnt effect the ability to update, as long as you didnt mess with any of the stock files that came on the phone. deleting or modifying anything that came on it originally will cause an ota to fail though. it checks the files individually on the system partition but if im not mistaken it doesnt check the system partition as a whole so adding things wont make a bit of difference
  11. Team Android

Team Android Member

wouldn't the root just go away if i update to jellybean though? hypothetically speaking of course :p
  12. junkie2100

it should yes, then we may even have to find a new method to root it... though i have something in mind already ;)
  13. junkie2100

and hey maybe if we're really lucky it will be a full update instead of an incremental one. that way i can just remove the checks from the original zip, toss root in there, and make it cwm flashable