foxfi not free

Last Updated:

1. dutchmaster18

dutchmaster18 Member

Fox fi isn't free anymore. Any recomdations on another app that has infrastructure mode for our tablets that is free? Or do I have to pony up.

Advertisement
  2. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

3. Warlord698

Warlord698 Well-Known Member

i would just go ahead and bit the bullet, seeing as updating will offer fixes for problems they have found, and it never hurts to support the developers
  4. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

check out barnacle on the market...its still free
  5. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

The "free" Barnacle lists as being incompatible with the TU
    The "Donation" version lists as being compatible...

I for one would not like to pay the money only to discover that was a lie.
  6. bamaduc

bamaduc Well-Known Member

i looked around for a few minutes on another free wireless tethering app. then i thought about how much i use this app and how great it has always been. went ahead and threw the 7 bucks at the devs, no telling how much money they've saved me. i suggest just biting the bullet on it. im using it right now and still works amazing.
  7. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

barnacle?
  8. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

type in barnacle wifi tether in market.. i downloaded free and played hours in mmorpg yesterday only had problems with linkdead when people called me..not txt msgs tho. ur phone will need root unlike foxfi but its works w my megatron transform ultra boost
  9. dutchmaster18

dutchmaster18 Member

Foxfi is the only one that will allow me to connect to my tablet out of the box. So I will just bite the bullet.

Thanks
  10. bads3ctor

bads3ctor Well-Known Member

I'm running stock rom with bobz kernel and Barnacle Wifi Tether works if you check "Skip wpa_supplicant" in settings.
    dgcruzing likes this.
  11. jdogrambo

jdogrambo Well-Known Member Developer

bads3ctor what happen to cm7
  12. bads3ctor

bads3ctor Well-Known Member

I needed some kernel work done(I am not a very good kernel hacker) and other devs were busy on other projects. We have been exploring Jelly Bean but we need serious kernel work done and someone willing to brick their TU to get a new kernel running. I bricked 1 TU already trying to make a new kernel and I won't be doing that again!
  13. xaelith

xaelith Well-Known Member

If I'm able to get the new device I'm wanting, I'd be willing to donate my Ultra to the cause. ;)
    Slayer72 likes this.
  14. dgcruzing

dgcruzing Well-Known Member

15. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

I tested the free foxfi data limit and i don't have any real solid numbers but i ran netflix from it for a good 20 minutes before it needed to be reset. Netflix's streams at about 1GB per hours so a rough estimate is that they give you a little over 300MB usage before you need to restart it. Not too bad if you only need it for a short haul but if you are looking for tethering or hotspot for extended periods then definitely another app would be needed.

the bummer for me is that foxfi works perfectly from my phone to my tablet where barnacle and open garden etc all dont cooperate with my tablet.
  16. jdogrambo

did you check out the edited kernel blood made if not mav said he had a build running with that kernel
  17. jdogrambo

ask blood if he would be willing to brick the one he has cause its not his main phone
  18. BoriKing85

BoriKing85 Guest

I can brick my phone if needed ,just halla me whenever something comes up!
  19. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

Here you go guys, ya know it does pay to do a lil google search... :p

FoxFi Installer
  20. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Well-Known Member

seeing how we are talking about wifi here would i have to use something like foxfi and other apps mentioned to give a wifi tether for daughters ipod touch 4th gen through my phone?
  21. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Yes.
    dmcjr22 likes this.
  22. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Well-Known Member

thanks mydian
  23. psycho4us4

psycho4us4 Guest

If anyone has an old version of foxfi and wants it to work, all you have to do is change the hash code to 1234 and everything will work as it did before. PERFECT SOLUTION. I use it to play my ps3 and with the hash code changed to 1234 everything works as it did before. Let me know if it works for you like it did for me please. REMEMBER TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF THIS HELPED YOU PLEASE.:smokingsomb:
  24. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

I have the version before the update version 1.91.3, and have changed the hash code to 1234 and it does create the hotspot again with out saying that it won't work due to being a updated version (paid) . I have not tested how long it will last with out dropping or if the wifi is any different but can say by changing the hash code that it will create a hotspot again with the old version.