FP1 First Time Root - Cannot Find install-recovery.sh

Last Updated:

1. bootch

bootch New Member

I followed kraisydave's video along with some step by step printouts that said basically the same thing. I installed CWM and Superuser without issues, booted the phone and installed ES File Explorer. I searched for "install" like the video said, then searched again like the video did, and it did not find the install-recovery.sh file. I tried searching for the full filename and it didn't work either.

As a test, I rebooted the phone, went back into ES File Explorer and it still shows I have root access...so does this mean I didn't need to modify that file? Am I good to go?

2. dwitherell

dwitherell Well-Known Member

Modifying that file (which is located in /system/etc) makes it so CWM recovery "sticks" as opposed to being written over by the stock recovery. If you don't need to go back into CWM then you don't really need to bother with this - it doesn't change your root status either way.
    bootch likes this.
  3. bootch

bootch New Member

Thanks, dwitherell. Had I known that file was so easy to find I wouldn't have used the search function in the video tutorial.

Should I go back into Odin and reload CWM?

**Update: I went back and re-installed CWM just because. Looks like everything is working!