Fragments for Horizontal scrolling, use onClicks to move to certain Fragments?

1. RED_

RED_ Well-Known Member

Hopefully this is do-able.

I've set up a horizontal scrolling system using FragmentPagerAdapter. Is there a way that I can click on an TextView/ImageView and then it'll take me to one of my Fragments? I want to improve the UI of my app by giving the user the option to scroll left and right but to also click a few buttons on my first Fragment to go to each of the screens too.

Is this possible?

I tried an ordinary OnClickListener but that gives me a force close. Mostly because I used startActivity() and I'm not trying to start an activity rather a Fragement but I don't know how to do that.

Overall maybe there is an easier way though, I've seen apps that have horizontal scrolling and when you click a button on one page you see the scrolling animation take them to the requested page.

Like I said I have an ordinary FragmentPagerAdapter set up with all the code it's just getting this final bit of the puzzle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. RED_

RED_ Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump. Anyone?

I just want to give the user two options. They can either click on a TextView to take them to one of my Fragments pages. Or swipe left/right to get to that fragment.

It's the clicking on a TextView bit I can't get. How does one implement that?