• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
According to Android Central, it has a 20fps rate.

I know. Sucks. If that's true, why bother?

edit: That's for recording. As for playback. I imagine it would be NTSC 30fps. I don't think standard playback would be any different from 30 fps.
As was said before I to believe 20fps is at 720p res and 30 is at the next lower resolution.

TV is usually shot at 30 fps, movies are variable between 24-30fps or more depending on many situations.

I work in digital surveillance and 20 fps is more than fine.

Upvote 0
20fps is good enuf. Real life vision is only 22 to 24fps. 15fps or lower is bad!
There is a definite difference between 24, 30, 60, 100 fps. The reason that lower framerates look okay is because of the motion blur while filming. If you look at 24fps video that was shot with 1/60 second shutter speed, it could look much more pleasing than if it were shot with 1/400 second shutter speed. If you watch movies, you may notice that dialog / non-action sequences look very smooth, while fight sequences can look very jerky due to the fast shutter speed used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones