• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The reason for the 2GB micro-SD card is because that is the only way to transfer contacts from phone to phone ... thats what the rep said at the store when i bought the phone ... I bought a 16GB from Micro Center for 37 bucks it was on sale ... its their brand so will see how good it is... When i got my phone today and went to the VZ store the lady said its not a must but the other way they do is loading all the contacts to gmail and them pull them down to the DINC ... SD is faster ...

Upvote 0
If you were/are lucky enough to get it in store, they made it a $20 off of memory cards sale- so the 2gb was free but less advertised were the bigger cards cut by the same amount as the 2gb costs. Might be worth it. I actually got a killer deal on a sandisk 16gb card from a buddy ($15) and while its only class 2 I don't see any benefit to class 6 yet other than pc read/write, and at $15 I'm not gonna worry about future proofing lol.

Sorry for the tangent. Long story short, call em up and see if instead of 2gb they'll give you a bigger one less the price of the 2gb- far more useful that way.If you think about it an 8gb from verizon (can be cheaper elsewhere) costs $30 and makes you phone 16gb- something applephanbois are paying a lot more for.

Upvote 0
If you were/are lucky enough to get it in store, they made it a $20 off of memory cards sale- so the 2gb was free but less advertised were the bigger cards cut by the same amount as the 2gb costs. Might be worth it. I actually got a killer deal on a sandisk 16gb card from a buddy ($15) and while its only class 2 I don't see any benefit to class 6 yet other than pc read/write, and at $15 I'm not gonna worry about future proofing lol.

Sorry for the tangent. Long story short, call em up and see if instead of 2gb they'll give you a bigger one less the price of the 2gb- far more useful that way.If you think about it an 8gb from verizon (can be cheaper elsewhere) costs $30 and makes you phone 16gb- something applephanbois are paying a lot more for.

I got a 16bg card with my droid. I sold my droid for $270 and got the incredible for $270 so I'm the real winner!

Upvote 0
If you ordered your device between 04/30 and 05/25 and you either didnt get or want to make sure you get your free card or the special discounts on the larger cards. You better call today. The promo ends tomorrow.

And itgambit.

Thats not true at all. Your contacts are stored by google and the quickest way to go from andriod phone to andriod is simply plus in your email and the wireless synch will take place. The apps are stored and they allow you to redownload them for no charge.

So to clarify, some who ordered online just recieved their free cards in the box. cool. thats what I wanted to know.

Upvote 0
This is a couple days old thread, but just thought I would update it for all those still wondering.

My wife and I received our Incredibles today through FEDEX and they both came with a 2GB micro SD with USB adapter! Didn't expect them, but it was a pleasant surprise :)
VZW changed the promotion, which was only supposedly limited to early orders, to now all orders. I believe they realized that certain apps must access the microSD card in order to function.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones