1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Free $50 worth of media hub rental

1. holes45

holes45 Active Member

Advertisement
    xxxsteveoxxx likes this.
  2. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

We can probably get it if we bitch and moan to Ecare about it. Talk about all the "issues" with the phone, lack of definitive Froyo release date, spotty 4g coverage that we're paying for. It shouldn't be that hard really. When they dropped the price on the Palm Pre within 60 days, I complained and they credited my account $50.
  3. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

Why do you feel entitled to this?

You bought the phone before the promotion.
  4. holes45

holes45 Active Member

Nope, it's their choice if they want to give it to me. They can give me 2.2 if they want to also. I'm just wondering how to ask is all. Now if I was someone with certain leanings, it'd be a matter of entitlement.
  5. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Wow. Politics? In a phone forum? Really? That's just...wow.
  6. holes45

holes45 Active Member

Fixed! Don't let phone discussions go to other forums either I guess.
  7. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

thanks OP for posting. I'm also an early purchaser and just curious to see if we can get in on this deal. $50 is a lot considering how much the media costs in media hub. It would be a nice bonus for being guinea pigs :D If not - it's all good. I'll survive - just nice to know if there's a way for us to get it too
  8. flonkas

flonkas Well-Known Member

Ditto
  9. Well, on Sprint website, i don't see this "bonus" anywhere! The customer service folks also did not know what i was talking about. This special should already be going on, right?
  10. Here it is: Sprint - Define Region
  11. sandman512

sandman512 Well-Known Member

Just thought I would throw this out there. I called Sprint and asked if I could receive the $50.00 Samsung credit. The CSR took my info. and said that I should be receiving a text with my code(to be used on Media Hub). Good luck.
  12. No luck with Chat...they deny me despite that I am with Sprint for over 10 years!
  13. holes45

holes45 Active Member

Just received this email from Sprint in regards to getting the credit:

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding media hub discount.

Please follow the steps to apply for service credit.

* Send an email with their name and phone number to
    info@mediahubcodes.com to receive their unique pin code.
    * Media Hub customer service will verify their service and send them a
    text message with the PIN to the phone.
    * Once received the customer must access Media Hub service on the phone
    to activate the promotional credit.
    * PIN codes are sent within 5-7 days.

After sending mail for media hub credit:

* You will receive a text message in 5-7 days that includes a PIN that
    allows you to activate the service credit.
    * You must activate the credit through the phone.
    * Go to Samsung Media Hub payment screen, select Gift Card tab, and
    enter the PIN code.
    * You have 60 days after activating the credit or until 3/31/11
    (whichever comes first) to use the credit.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
    questions.
  14. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they should be giving away these credits to everybody with a media hub capable device, just to get people using it!

I'm guessing that usage of the system is pretty low (how many of us have actually spent money on there?). If they give away some credits, it might get people to try it and maybe continue using it.

-SF
  15. holes45

holes45 Active Member

Just got a reply that says I should be getting my $50 code soon. Also, after getting on the media hub today, it said there was an update which took me to the Market for it. Installed update. I don't see the DRM in running services anymore so I hope that it fixed that deal.
  16. jerbeck24

jerbeck24 Well-Known Member

I also did this and got an email saying my code will be sent soon for $50 of media hub content. I also updated my media hub, but still see the DRA Protected Content running service when I turn my phone off and back on.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G
  17. Aero1

Aero1 Well-Known Member

still there
  18. holes45

holes45 Active Member

I don't see it. Is it labeled as something different? I see the media hub and download manager for the hub but no DRM. Maybe I got lucky?
  19. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

So I sent an email to the link posted by holes45, simply stated: Please send me a pin for my media hub credit. I added my name and phone number to the message. This is the response I got:

Thank you for your email. You will receive a unique code to access your gift on the Media Hub application by this week Friday via email.

If you have not already done so please forward your new Epic 4G phone number. We will need your phone number in order to assign your code for the offer.

Please look for your code in the next few days.

I purchased my phone 6 weeks ago but it looks like they are going to give me the credit.
  20. MCAT

MCAT Member

Just sent my email. Fingers crossed.
  21. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Contacted Sprint via chat and they gave me the $50 credit.
  22. Aero1

Aero1 Well-Known Member

You are saying Sprint applied a $50 credit to you general Sprint account and you can see it listed on your account right now (it would be posted within one or two hours)? That would be very strange since this is a samsung promotion and the site to email for your pin is a sumsung contracted marketing firm

do you see a $50 credit applied to your sprint account and what does the associated note say? As it is not uncommon for ecare to promise credits and have then nixed.

I have got my fingers crossed, why not, but to be clear the terms quite specifically say:
  23. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

I didn't get credit to my Sprint account. They said I will receive a text message today with a code for Media Hub.
  24. candi3188

candi3188 Well-Known Member

Did anyone here receive their code yet?
  25. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

I just received mine 5 minutes ago!