• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free and lite

We just uploaded a free version of Dynamokid touch for Android, giving the first world playable in story mode, and freeplay mode (unlockable) and a mini game!

Give the game a try, it's a test for us to see if freemium is a model we can start using on android, so if enough people play our free games we might end up giving the full versions away for free.. just experimenting for now!

Check out DynamoKid touch for free! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dkrunlite.engine

And while your at it, Jumpy Free is the full version of Jumpy with advertising ..and uhm.. free! - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jumpylite.engine

Sorry for the spamyness of this post, but for us to make this work we need to get the word out, and who knows it might mean more free games ;)

You are irritating me, these are three different things:

Free - Games like Jumpy, that let you play the full game without any cuts, mostly financed through in game ads or sponsorship
Lite - A stupid Apple marketing thing that just won't die on Android, on all other plattforms it should be called a Demo, they give a nice overview of the game in a few free levels - like Dynamo Kid Touch
Freemium - Games where the main game mechanic is playable without paying, but where you pay for additional feaures, mostly through in-app purchases.

Thank you very much for making Jumpy free and I hope Dynamo Kid will sell well for you.

Upvote 0
thanks for that feedback..

as I mentioned we are experimenting, the first step is seeing if free with advertising actually works.. thus dynamokid has a free version with the first world playable, call it lite, free, demo, doesn't matter.. it's freely playable.

If this works good enough, we will start turning it into a freemium model by making the other levels or whatever payable (seeing as Google's in-app payments are a few weeks away) or possibly just go with advertising only and call it freemium just to irritate you :p

Lite has been around years before Apple came up with an ipod which makes phone calls. It's the exact same thing as a demo, although usually a demo means there is a time-limit build or a max-amount of playtime.. in the end it's just a name, both are free, stripped-down versions of a full game, so who cares really..

if you need any more irritation, just let me know, and I'll post more about our free stuff! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones