• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FREE][APP] AirMore - cross-platform Android manager and transfer

Hi, all. We have developed this new app called AirMore. It's very cool. Hope you will like it. :)

AirMore is a web-based application for you to access your Android data from any computer.

Features:
  • It can connect your Android to computer wirelessly, including Windows and Mac systems.
  • It can easily manage your Android music, pictures, videos, apps, documents, and files (and more in the future) on web.
  • It can transfer all your Android files to PC and vice versa rapidly.
  • It can let you preview pictures in slide show form, listen to music casually, and watch videos in large screen, without downloading.
How to use AirMore:
  1. Download app from google play store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airmore
  2. Open any of the following browsers on PC: Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
  3. Go to address: airmore.net.
  4. Open AirMore app on Android and tap "Scan to connect".
  5. Scan the QR code on the webpage. Please notice that your Android and PC should in the same WiFi network.
  6. Click "Accept" on your Android when a dialog pops up for successful connection.
Screenshots:

e577aoy.jpg

9nxxt4p.jpg

I second this question. Are there more functions to this program that are not explained in the original post?
Thank you for your inquiry. AirMore is still in beta testing stage, and we will make more improvements based on your feedbacks. We realize permissions are very important for users, so we will make them optional in the near future. In this post, I introduced some main functions. There are, indeed, some other useful functions I didn't mention here. If you'd like to know more about it, you may go to its product website. Or you may try this nice app by yourself. We really appreciate your participation. Thanks again!;)

Upvote 0
Hi, EarlyMon. Out of curiosity, what is your biggest complaint about AirDroid?
They added a feature for a user account that's invasive and unnecessary. With that came a UI change where one file transfer path claims that I need to log in to my account because both pc and phone aren't on the same network (when they are) and yet you can use a different transfer path and it's happy.

Your app has far too many unexplained permissions - I want to try it - but I can't tell why you need what amounts to full access to my private information.

This is a file transfer app - why do you need permission to create accounts, change passwords, and make phone calls? Why do you need access to my call log?

I'm aware of a trend for data mining to enhance revenue and it looks to everyone like you're doing just that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They added a feature for a user account that's invasive and unnecessary. With that came a UI change where one file transfer path claims that I need to log in to my account because both pc and phone aren't on the same network (when they are) and yet you can use a different transfer path and it's happy.

Your app has far too many unexplained permissions - I want to try it - but I can't tell why you need what amounts to full access to my private information.

This is a file transfer app - why do you need permission to create accounts, change passwords, and make phone calls? Why do you need access to my call log?

I'm aware of a trend for data mining to enhance revenue and it looks to everyone like you're doing just that.

Thank you for your reply. :p Actually, instead of a transfer app, AirMore is more like a web-based phone manager . It needs permissions to your information like call logs, SMS and others so that you are able to manage them on PC (we are planning to add these features before long). You may try other similar apps available on the market, and you will find that they all need permissions to your information. We assure you we highly respect our users' privacy. You may read our privacy policies in our product website.

Of course, if you want to use it only as a transfer app, you can deny permissions to these information on your rooted phone. Open Settings on your phone > click Apps > AirMore > Manage permissions > Click the corresponding information > Deny.

Hope my answer can solve your puzzles. :)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Of course, if you want to use it only as a transfer app, you can deny permissions to these information on your rooted phone. Open Settings on your phone > click Apps > AirMore > Manage permissions > Click the corresponding information > Deny.

Hope my answer can solve your puzzles. :)
That's very helpful, thank you.

As for managing permissions, aren't you describing App Ops from Jellybean?

A better implementation for that is coming in Android M, but I think that most of us don't have that feature at the moment.

Upvote 0
AirMore for Android New Update ;)

What's New
V 1.1.6

1. Add External SD card support.
Here we are sorry to tell our users who use Android 4.4. As Android 4.4 blocked third party tools to write items into ExtSDcard, uploading, deleting and creating new files are not supported.

2. Add Settings feature.
We add some basic settings here, like scanner sound, auto update, add shortcut to home screen, etc.

3. Feedbacks make a good app. We add Feedback feature here to get more awesome ideas, fix bugs and improve AirMore together.

4. Fixed bugs.

Upvote 0
AirMore for Android New Update :cool:

WHAT'S NEW

V 1.2.1
New features
1. Added two methods to help your Android get connected to AirMore Web with WiFi network. Enter local connection code or enter local IP address.
2. Added hotspot connection. Now you can get connected to AirMore Web when no WiFi is available.

Fixed and improvements
1. Improved loading speed of AirMore Web
2. Fixed other small bugs

Download and have a try now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airmore

Upvote 0
AirMore V 1.2.4 added really cool feature:D

WHAT'S NEW

New features
Added folder transfer. Tired of transferring files one by one? Now AirMore provides you a solution to select a folder to transfer.
(Folder transfer only supported in Chrome as other browser don't have the path to transfer folder.)

Fixed and improvements
1. Transfer music to the specific folder in the "Folders Mode" of Music .
(The path will show up after you put the cursor on one of the folders for 2 or 3 seconds)
2. Support Safari 9.0
3. Fixed other bugs

Upvote 0
It was like I was reborn! Everything I wanted and with such ease! Before I was using ES explorer, but at times it glitches and gave me problems. Accidentally I stumbled upon this forum via TedBear2 and checked it out. Probably my best decision in a while! Thank you very much for the app! I'll definitely recommend it! Keep up the good work!:thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones