[Free App] Secret Locker - Protect all your photos & videos

1. Shengxin

Shengxin Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

This is the first application I've written for Android. Although I am new to Android, I have been with Java for 12 years. Being able to develop Android apps in Java and having a late start, I found developing the first Android app pretty straight forward. I chose to develop a security app because of my strong background in IT security and I think protecting users' personal files on the device would make a useful app.

Let me present my new application now:

Need to protect your private files on your device? Want to prevent personal photos and videos from being accidentally accessed by friends, coworkers or family members? Have too many usernames, passwords, and credit card numbers to remember thus need a single utility to manage all of them? Here is the solution.The Secret Locker utility allows you to specify one single password to protect all your secrets. The chosen password is cryptographically hashed then salted using the industry class encryption algorithm to generate a non-reversible key for further encrypting your files.
    Not simply hiding the files by moving them around to another folder or changing file names as many other applications do, encrypted files managed by this utility have three levels of protection:
    1. Non-root users of your Android device cannot access the repository of this utility
    2. Files are encrypted using strong encryption algorithms
    3. The password is cryptographically hashed and salted to make it almost impossible to be cracked
    Please note the encrypted password itself is locally stored in the application's database. Encrypted files are stored in its own repository on the device as well. No private information is transferred across the Internet. The Internet access permission is only used for the Mobile Ads displayed with this free software.

Android Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shengxin.keepsecret

Recent change: Optimized the display in landscape orientation mode.

It is still pretty basic but the encryption and other security features work well. Please feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks and enjoy!

Advertisement
  2. Shengxin

The most recent version optimized the display in landscape mode. It is still pretty basic but contains all the features to make it a working and useful app. Please feel free to try it out and let me know if you have some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Shengxin
  3. Shengxin

I just released the professional version of this software - no advertisement included thus no Internet access is required when using the utility!

It can be downloaded from Google Play at Secret File Locker Pro and it is only 99 cents.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks,
  4. glalex

glalex New Member

Hi

I need your help. I istalled firstly Secret file Locker and after that i installes Secret file locker pro.
    I decrypted some file with Secret File Locker but accidently i deleted the application. I reinstalled, and the question is if i can recover the files. In the settings i see that in the secret lockers temporary memorie excists 5,5 mb of data but i cannot locate them.

Any idea please?

Thanks
  5. Shengxin

Thanks for using the Secret File Locker/Pro app. I don't know how you deleted the application, normally when you uninstall an app, the Android OS will delete the app, its database and associated files.

If you see Secret File Lockers still hold 5.5 MB of data in the file system, maybe the encrypted files haven't been physically deleted yet. However, the Secret File Locker database contains the information regarding how these files are encrypted. If the database hasn't been removed, it is possible to recover the files. Otherwise the files cannot be recovered.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Shengxin