Free app similar to spotify

Last Updated: 2013-02-17 23:27:35
  1. musicman185

musicman185 Member

i'm looking for a free app that is similar to spotify. i tried the 2 day trial of spotify premium and enjoyed it. but i can't justify $10 a month because the only thing i will use the app for is creating a custom playlist to have when i workout. i have an ipod touch, but it is a pain to download individual songs and add them to itunes and plug up my ipod to sync it. with spotify, i only had to drag and drop a song i liked to my playlist, and sign in. it was much faster and more convenient. i thought slacker might be a good alternative, but the ability to create custom playlists is a premium feature.

Advertisement
  2. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

The ability to create custom playlists is going to be a premium feature on all of the 'free' music programs that I know of - Slacker, Pandora, iHeart, etc.
  3. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

I really don't know how I did this, but after I downloaded Spotify on my PC and the app on my phone, I had a 2 day premium trial on my phone, which gave me commercial free radio during that time, and then expired. I had a 30 day trial on the computer, which I was pretty sure was over by now. Then, I was able to find my songs I liked from the radio on my PC, which I hadn't seen before. Then, I built a playlist for my PC. Then, I noticed that I could listen to the playlists on my phone! I downloaded the playlists, and the songs are stored in the app on my phone, not actually downloaded (like napster or something).

I don't see why I can do all this for free, but I do. I will update this if it changes. Still, I haven't paid anything, or given my credit card information. Somehow, the only thing I can't do is listen to commercial free radio. It says I have premium and that it will charge me $9.99 on 2-19-12 if I want to keep it. Is my trial almost over? I don't know. It will suck if I can't keep using my playlists on my phone. I don't want to pay for this, but it's pretty sweet, so it may be worth it. I will update when I find out!

Somehow, I must have put my card information in there, even though I haven't paid anything. I want to see what will happen, but since they have my info, they will charge me! How do I not delete my account, but just get the card information off there???

The only thing I really miss is the ability to force the screen to stay on like Pandora does, for when my phone is plugged into my car and charging.

How did I do this? I don't know. Try it?