1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Free apps like Orientation Lock/Unlock?

Last Updated:

1. hal07

hal07 Member This Topic's Starter

I found this app that do what I need, however I wonder if there are any free apps that do this? I'm tired of the phone constantly changing orientation when I use it while walking around

Advertisement
  2. hal07

3. SlappyMcgee

SlappyMcgee Well-Known Member

Quick Settings also has this as an option in its settings. When you launch quick settings just click your settings key and click customize. I found alot of useful options built into the app itself.

4. hal07

would be nice to have an app that enabled this upon apps. e.g. i have some apps i dont want this rotate stuff.

5. squiddy20

squiddy20 Active Member

Your phone should have a toggle for this very thing under Settings. In looking at my phone, samsung moment from sprint, going to Settings>Sound & Display, bottom half of the menu, first under display settings section, should be a toggle labeled "orientation". Slappy's suggestion is really just a quicker way of accessing this same setting.
    As for rotation in apps, I'm pretty sure that really depends on the app itself. Some only work in landscape (such as most games) while others flip-flop depending on the orientation of the device.