• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Free (as in legal) Tapatalk? (Aka tapatalk fanclub aka not liking the raised price for it club)

I hated Tapatalk on the Blackberry. Love it on Android! I don't like the look of 2 though, so I'm still using 1.13.5.

I've owned two Blackberries. A 7510 that was on Nextel at one time and a 8530 that I ran on the Boost network. After buying and experiencing my first Android, I will never purchase another Blackberry. It's Android all the way for me from now on.:D Also, I'm using the new Tapatalk Xparent Green and it's SWEET !!;)

Upvote 0
I am using Phandroid to post this. First post with it. It is free on market.

I'm not knocking Phandroid in any way so don't take it that way. Phandroid is one of those apps that runs continuously in the background on your phone. One way to stop this is to use titanium backup pro to freeze it. Our Prevail is a battery hog, no way around it, and any app that runs continuously in the background will drain the battery. That was the main reason that I switched to Tapatalk to begin with. Now, since switching over to it, I am finding all of the other great features that it offers. I wish I would have switched sooner.;)

Upvote 0
I'm not knocking Phandroid in any way so don't take it that way. Phandroid is one of those apps that runs continuously in the background on your phone. One way to stop this is to use titanium backup pro to freeze it. Our Prevail is a battery hog, no way around it, and any app that runs continuously in the background will drain the battery. That was the main reason that I switched to Tapatalk to begin with. Now, since switching over to it, I am finding all of the other great features that it offers. I wish I would have switched sooner.;)

Thank you man. I didn't mean any harm. I will try tape talk. Sounds good.

Upvote 0

I hear you on the battery issue... That was one thing in which my BB beat the Prevail. I make sure that nothing unnecessary is running in the background and try not to do much downloading or updates when not on the charger and it does decent, but still not as long as the 8330.

Upvote 0
I hear you on the battery issue... That was one thing in which my BB beat the Prevail. I make sure that nothing unnecessary is running in the background and try not to do much downloading or updates when not on the charger and it does decent, but still not as long as the 8330.

Yeah, one of the first things that I bought after getting my Prevail was a wall charger and 2 batteries off Ebay. I paid less than $11 for the package. One of the best investments that I've made.lol:rock:

Also, check out the new icons in the left of the screen guys. Android forums hooked us up. :aetsch:

Upvote 0
Just testing my new tapatalk. I don't mind supporting the development of such a convenient app. :)

The sig Isn't showing for some
reason. No big deal. I am happy with what I have.:)

Sig settings are in the "more" tab > settings > signature.

And I need the free version cause i get paid min. Wage in Cali.
And I'm trying to buy a car to go back to school.

Reactions: Gray Wolf
Upvote 0
Sig settings are in the "more" tab > settings > signature.

And I need the free version cause i get paid min. Wage in Cali.
And I'm trying to buy a car to go back to school.

Thanks for the information. I did try that already with no luck as of yet. I'm seending from phone now. I thought it might have something to do with the beta version so I wiped cash and data. I also tried cwm restore. I will get it at some point. The only reason it brothered me was recognition for the developers. What it amounts to is I liked Tapatalk 2 enough to buy it.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, my post was removed under what grounds of what rule did I break? You can't remove my posts because you don't "agree" with me. The distribution of paid products for free is illegal regardless of your "opinion". As a developer I will fight this if it comes to taking it to legal matters. Even allowing the sharing of sites that distribute paid products for free can get your site in trouble. If your mods have an issue with this or with me for fighting against this you may have them contact me and I will inform them of exactly how and to whom I will be reporting this forum to for it's lack of professionalism and lack of respect for the law.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, my post was removed under what grounds of what rule did I break? You can't remove my posts because you don't "agree" with me. The distribution of paid products for free is illegal regardless of your "opinion". As a developer I will fight this if it comes to taking it to legal matters. Even allowing the sharing of sites that distribute paid products for free can get your site in trouble. If your mods have an issue with this or with me for fighting against this you may have them contact me and I will inform them of exactly how and to whom I will be reporting this forum to for it's lack of professionalism and lack of respect for the law.

All offending posts were removed along with yours.yours was removed because the problem was resolved, not because people didn't agree... The mods just want to keep the flow of info clean and concise :)

Ps i agree stealing apps is wrong. Apps are not even expensive, i have never felt like i have been 'overcharged' for an app i bought, because in exchange for a couple dollars, you get an amazing thing you clearly could not do yourself (or you would have made it already on your own) i like your passion! But direct it at the offenders, not the moderation :eek:

Upvote 0

I've been a member of the Forum for a little while and the posting of sites that distribute illegal apps is forbidden. If a link is posted that contains illegal apps, it is quickly removed and the author of the post is warned or punished. Oh, arguments are removed because that type of conduct is not tolerated either. Now what are you upset about?:cool:

EDIT: the MODS cannot be everywhere at all times. If you see something that is not supposed to be here, please do us all a favor and report it using the REPORT tab. Most of us as well as YOU do not want the posting of illegal links here in our Forum. Thank You

Upvote 0
If your mods have an issue with this or with me for fighting against this you may have them contact me and I will inform them of exactly how and to whom I will be reporting this forum to for it's lack of professionalism and lack of respect for the law.

Android Forum's Site Rules make it quite clear that piracy, copyright infringement and similar activities are not tolerated here.

Upvote 0

I'm not trying to break the law.
Nor do I feel like I am.
It was a beta that I was after.
Or something similar. Like the trial.
I'd be willing to buy it for sure.
Just can't.
I'm so broke it hurts me to out and buy taco bell.
But if they were giving out samples. I'd eat them.
Were not distributing illegally were trying to find what we can. But legally.
At least that's me in this case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones