Free classes

Last Updated:

1. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yesterday I received an email from my boss with a link to a website that offers free online "classes" from many universities. The courses range from Computer related subjects to music and entertainment .. there are a lot of classes they have, they even have Calc 1. I don't think they are real classes that really would affect your transcript because the courses that I have read say that your your assignments get reviewed by your peers(from the course). You watch recorded lectures from the teacher/professor and are assigned tasks to submit as "homework".

I think its worth a look, I have signed up for two courses, Songwriting and Introduction to Music Production, both through Berklee College of Music they are two things I was interested in, they start in March and run for 6 weeks.

So if you want to further your knowledge or just want something to do thats free you can check out the site here:

I signed up and they didn't ask for any credit card or any means of pay.

imnotmikal, ocnbrze and sntaylor like this.
  2. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

I've Decided To Go For A Computer Programming Course,Did A Little At School And Would Louvre To Try My Hand At An App For Android (Eventually!Lol)

The Pregnant, And Unable To Work Fiancee Has Opted For AN Equine Course, Ironically The Closest Course To Us!

Thanks Though :)
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

They're all real couses and materials OK. There's many universities and colleges put their academic materials online for free. iTunes U is another huge source of free university courses and academic materials. But if you do want to get the actual tutoring, assignments, degrees, transcripts, etc, that's when it will cost you real money.
  4. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Cool find, I wrote down this address as I wasn't able to take all the classes I wanted to at my university... and I think getting a real python class going might be helpful. :)
  5. Indium Indeed

Indium Indeed Member

That's nice. Immediately I found topics that I am interested in.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

wow i some how missed this thread.

thanx for posting the link. i love to learn new stuff.

knowledge is power:)
  7. TurtleRunner

TurtleRunner Well-Known Member

Thanks, I appreciate you sharing this info.