Free duct tape with each iPhone purchase?

Last Updated:

1. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. MalibuAce

MalibuAce Member

3. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

4. MalibuAce

MalibuAce Member

funny thing is that this prob won't hurt sales at all...iphone fanatics have all drank the proverbial Kool-aid ...Consumer Reports gave it a poor rating and states it has a hardware design flaw, while Jobs is still saying it's only a software issue, that can be fixed with an update...

5. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

Moved to the Lounge.

This thread may end up being locked anyway.

We'll see how this plays out. ;)

6. kibble

kibble Well-Known Member

I read this earlier and laughed, then I read the comments and OMG..... some of those people just can't, won't, will NOT admit that there's a problem and they go out and say that CR didn't do a proper test blah blah blah. One guy on there said that they should have put the phone in a special chamber by itself to do the test and how there shouldn't be a person present when doing the test etc, etc. I couldn't help but facepalm at that. They're trying to show how the human touch affects functionality.... What's the phone gonna do when it's in a room by itself, it's gonna reach down by itself and touch its no-no spot to show how it affects signal?

It was really frustrating reading through all the comments, but it really goes to show how brainwashed some people can be. They keep quoting the fact that it's been mentioned that a software update will fix it all. Well, unfortunately there's no software update to fix stupid.

MalibuAce likes this.
  7. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Mm yeah I read that too just like about the stuff about the Evo light leak and 720p and other stuff but Damn I can't believe the iPhone 4 is getting hit left and right even CNET put the Evo before the iPhone 4 on prizefight which I think is really weird since they always go for iPhone but the Damn antenna stole the thunder, either way I'm happy with my evo and I hope HTC update to froyo ASAP

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

9. kbohip

kbohip Well-Known Member

Apple has not made a comment on Consumer Report's findings yet but just tonight announced a new version of the iPhone 4. The "Jeff Foxworthy edition" will include a ring of tape looking material surrounding the phones metal antennae. The special "iTape 2" material is said to increase the signal strength by 3 bars in most cases. The only drawback to the new fix is the "iTape 2" material must be changed as needed to prevent signal strength from dropping again. Apple will supply "iTape 2" at their Apple store for the low price of just $40 a foot.

This announcement has caused some controversy in that some critics are saying "iTape 2" is nothing other than ordinary duct tape. Steve Jobs was quoted as saying "iTape 2 is completely different than duct tape. It is white after all, and NOT silver. It is also only available at the Apple store so how could it be the same thing?" All iPhone users reportedly immediately took Mr. Jobs at his word at the exact same time.

Apple has also announced they are not forgetting the people who have already bought the defective iPhone 4's. Apple will be offering the new "Jeff Foxworthy" edition to current iPhone 4 owners for 5% off list price. Current iPhone 4 owners will need to be at the Apple website Thursday, July 15th between the minutes of 8:00 am and 8:22 am to take advantage of this very special offer.[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Kentucky chrome strikes again!

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

11. bossxii

bossxii Well-Known Member

I just wish the Evo was popular enough to get is poor quality build items fixed such as the light leakage, flimsy battery door and wonderful compressed 720p video. If the iPhone was on Sprint, I think I'd have to opt for a phone that can at least not look like it's falling apart in my hands just over a month in. Evo number two hasn't burst at the seams yet to leak light but the battery door still looks like a toy cover that won't stay in place.

Love Sprint, not so sure about the Evo just yet.

12. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

I can see it now. Apple releases "iDuct Tape"

$29.99/roll

13. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

EarlyMon likes this.
  14. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member