Free e-book from a new author

Last Updated:

1. SlowRain

SlowRain Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the policy on here is regarding free e-books. There is a new author (not me) who has just a fantasy novel. Like Terry Brooks, he is a lawyer and a Tolkien fan. I know there are a lot of fantasy fans on here, but I'm not sure how many Tolkien or Brooks fans there are.

The author is giving away 300 free copies in an attempt to build up a bit of publicity (this is actually quite common with e-books). You have to register on his blog and post your request in the "Giveaway" thread. He will then email you a coupon for a free download on Smashwords. The only real catch is he'd like you to write a review.

However, I would suggest that if you really have no intention of reading it and just want something for free, maybe give it a pass.

The book is Icarus Rising by David Pauly.

I received my download, but I haven't read it yet, so I really have no idea how good it is. Yes, I know it sounds a little too much like Lord of the Rings, so take that into account as well when deciding if you'll actually read it. You can read an excerpt on the author's website. There are already 43 requests at the time of writing this, so you may want to hurry.

2. SlowRain

SlowRain Well-Known Member

I just realized the novel is not self-published, contrary to what I posted earlier. I've gone into the thread and edited out any references to self-publishing. It's published by Black Rose Writing, but I don't know anything about them.