• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FREE Exchange Access Alternative: Seven

AMDXP

Jul 15, 2010
Just plug this link into your browser or txt yourself:
http://preview.seven.com/get/client/dl.do?b=def_seven&l=en_US

Choose OTHER, then choose ANDROID.

Download the APK.
If you haven't allowed 3rd party app sources you will be prompted with this warning. And will be able to enter settings to allow 3rd party. Then Back to click the downloaded file to install.

This will allow you to use Exchange with having to purchase Touchdown.

I used this on my former windows mobile phone to access my personal exchange server (used their server side software (free )) and my works exchange server.

somewhat misleading to describe this as an alternative to Touchdown. This is an alternative to something like GOOD. This requires server side software, similar to a GOOD server or a Blackberry Enterprise Server in order to facilitate push synchronization.

Touchdown and K9 support native Exchange ActiveSync support, with no need for server-side tools/servers.

lets just call a spade a spade here and describe the product correctly. If I am incorrect, then the website is incorrect, because that is how the website describes the product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones