• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FREE][GAME] I Developed and published a game in under 5 hours. - ZigZag Ball

Degineth

Lurker
Feb 8, 2015
Hi guys. As the title says, I developed and published this game in under 5 hours. Below you will find a short summary about the game and the steps I've taken from zero to publish.

ZigZag Ball is a simple one-tap game where you have to keep the little ball on the moving platforms while collecting "crowns" and increasing your score. The gameplay mechanics are simple, but surprisingly a lot of fun and makes you want to "try again and again" as some of my friends put it. With the aesthetics I tried to follow a similar style to Monument Valley. While not even getting close to that level of quality and talent, I still believe the game looks quite nice and clean.

Here's the Google Play link
And QR Code if you're not reading this on mobile
Vz4eoCq.png

And some screenshots:
B8NLr83.jpg

h5dHXSv.png

K3SAmZ3.png

Here's the breakdown of the things done:
  1. Put on paper the basic idea and look
  2. Created the game layout in Photoshop
  3. Created all the assets (platforms, ball, background, title screen, crown pickups)
  4. Animated the assets in After Effects
  5. Put everything together in C2 and created the gameplay and logic
  6. Implemented Google Play leaderboards and achievements
  7. Waste almost an hour on a stupid syncronization bug (different framerates = different restuls - was not using delta time)
  8. Choose appropriate music and sounds and plug them in
  9. Create all the promotional materials (screenshots, mockups, icons, etc)
  10. Publish on Google Play

I would really love to hear your feedback on:
  1. Performance
  2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how fun do you believe it is
  3. Is it too hard or too easy for you?
  4. What would you improve?

Thank you for reading :)

Your goal is to avoid the obstacles and save the ball by perfectly timing your actions and aiming. Bounce the ball off the walls and making it go bouncy bouncy bits by bits.

Quantum Bouncy Bits will always remain free.

The game has a lot of levels with more to come in future updates (I plan to release weekly updates).

Thank you for playing my game and for your support :)

Get Bouncy Bits on Google Play

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones