• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Free][Game] Smash 'n' Break - arkanoid with level editor!

Rootko

Oct 8, 2009
Hi everyone,

I was little bit curious about SDK and simple currency converter is what I came with. If you have some spare time, please test it and let me know what kind of problems did you ran to.

This currency converter updates via European Central Bank server, or it can use manual entries (in test version there is also a "fake file" implemented for users without internet connection in theirs Android)

There are two versions, one for 1.5 (Cupcake) and one for 1.6 (Donut), althougth 1.5 version should run also on 1.6 devices.

Ing. Halmi Rudolf - "profesn

Last update brought:
  • backspace at right, 0 moved to left
  • after backspace long click it erases all numbers in edit field
  • translation to Slovak (if phone is set to CS locale)
  • one version for 1.5 and 1.6
  • currencies are transformed even if you write on HW keyboard
  • fixed inverted rates
  • new icon

project's homepage: Currency converter's homepage
download: Currency converter for Android

Upvote 0
Ok, since last friday (13th) currency converter for Android is available in market. Search for "currency converter" developer halmi.sk (Rudolf Halmi), icon
ccalc_icon_64_3.png

Upvote 0
I like it, thank you. Are the manually added currencies ever updated with the real value provided that I use the proper currency code? I'm interested in the low volume Icelandic Krona ISK, I can add it but then have to put in my own rate which changes rapidly. Also, will the most recent exchange rates be used if I'm offline? example, I'm online at the hotel but not when I'm on the street.

Upvote 0
1) If you add your own currency, it won't be updated, simply because European central bank provides update for only 32 currencies (that are shown in application)
However, I've received requests for additional currencies, so if you have some web address where fresh exchange rates for your currency is shown, I'll be glad to make an update to application.

2) Application's main focus is on offline users, so yes, it will work even without any data connection (outside hotel, in the desert, even without sim card in flight mode ;) )

Upvote 0
As promised, update to 1.1.0 was just submitted to Market.

It contains new Options screen where you can choose update source (if you choose additional rates in options, 18 more currencies are update-able [mtl, ars, bnd, clp, cop, ils, isk, irr, kzt, lkr, lyd, omr, pkr, qar, sar, ttd, twd, vef])

So after update of application, just hop in to Options and choose additional rates. Afterwards just run update from currencies list view.

If you have ISK as "custom" rate, please uncheck it's "custom" status in currency's edit, so it can be properly updated.

Upvote 0
update 1.1.2
if you press backspace longer it erases all 4 values, not just one you edit
switched flags for INR and IDR, thanks to user "B.R.S."

Chinese localization maybe some other time, still waiting for translations. Also if anybody is interested in translation of this app into his/her native language, just let me know, we'll figure something out...

Upvote 0
An awesome currency converter app. In my opinion, your app is more feature rich and useful than other currency converter apps out there. I travel abroad about twice a year and this app is just what I needed. I like how you have designed the favorites and there is also a full list of currencies. I am sure more enhancements can be done to make it more appealing, although it's working great for me in its present state. Nice work.

Btw, are you still working on enhancing this app? Or was this something of a side/learning project that you are no longer actively working on?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones