• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Google Play Music for 6 Months?

Call Verizon and have them credit you, it works

I called and chatted with support:

Call person said: she saw the promotion and it is valid but has no information on how existing play music users get the credit. Suggested I wait a few weeks and see if it was automatically applied the next billing cycle.

Chat person said - - credit would automatically be applied.

We'll see I guess. Seems like if it was a play store thing, you'd get a play number to redeem.

Nice perk though - worth $8.99x6=$53.94

Upvote 0
I called and chatted with support:

Call person said: she saw the promotion and it is valid but has no information on how existing play music users get the credit. Suggested I wait a few weeks and see if it was automatically applied the next billing cycle.

Chat person said - - credit would automatically be applied.

We'll see I guess. Seems like if it was a play store thing, you'd get a play number to redeem.

Nice perk though - worth $8.99x6=$53.94

From AC

I called Verizon and told them I saw a YouTube video from Verizon saying that I would get 6 months free of Google Play All Access. I told them I am already a current subscriber for this service, so how does that affect me? They ended up crediting me on my account for the six months of Google Play Music. Since I'm already a subscriber of google play music. If you are in this situation too, I would give them in a call that way they can credit your account too. Apparently I was the first one to call about this lol

Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cwot39LWRk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Upvote 0
Nice to have the video link . . . . guess we'll wait and see if and where the credit shows up (Google Play or VZW bill.)

Always nice when a company thoroughly thinks through a promotion and welcomes customers with open arms.

The promotion is 6 months of free access which I guess is worth $9.99.month so almost $60.

(I pay $7.99 as one of the early adopters.)

Upvote 0
I just completed a chat with a Verizon rep online minutes ago about this very thing. She looked into at for me and came back with:

"I found the disclaimer here. It says that Existing Google Play All Music Access customers are not eligible for this promotion."

I mentioned to her that that was not obvious anywhere. A phone call to Verizon support yielded that exact same results, though they admitted it's not obvious to buyers that existing All Access members are ineligible. No credit offered, just the mention that we're still in the 14-day period to return the phone if that was a dealbreaker.

Upvote 0
I just completed a chat with a Verizon rep online minutes ago about this very thing. She looked into at for me and came back with:

"I found the disclaimer here. It says that Existing Google Play All Music Access customers are not eligible for this promotion."

I mentioned to her that that was not obvious anywhere. A phone call to Verizon support yielded that exact same results, though they admitted it's not obvious to buyers that existing All Access members are ineligible. No credit offered, just the mention that we're still in the 14-day period to return the phone if that was a dealbreaker.

This is extraordinarily unfair to those who subscribe already. I don't see how this could stand. I want the Maxx, but this isn't cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones