• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free In-store Droid Incredible & Droid Eris Training Class

smile44

Jun 24, 2010
Maximize your new smartphone's potential at our free in-store training on August 10th. Learn more about tips and tricks and free apps that will keep you up to speed on everything your new Droid Incredible and Droid Eris has to offer.

Anyone get one of these emails from Verizon? Are they standard with new smartphone purchases?

Yea, I got the same thing today. Where are you located? I'm in Northern VA. Wondering if it's geographic or possibly in preparation for Froyo.

Or maybe it's because they've caught up on all the backups so they know more people have the Inc now.

P.S. I got mine day before release.

I'm in central Virginia, so you might be right! I've had mine about 3 weeks, my first smartphone.

Upvote 0
How about going just to ask them about the update.

Not a bad plan actually. It would be fun to get 5 different responses from 5 different Verizon people all at once :D

The last time I was in a Verizon store I stood there listening to an employee try to explain to a customer the features. After about 3 minutes I began to get a headache. I decided to end my pain (and the customers!) and butt in. At least one person got some decent service that day :)

Upvote 0
I acutally been to one just to see what it was about and because I was just in the store at the time, and the only thing that was oh ok maybe it was good I did go was that I got a booklet of quite a few apps and which ones are the "hottest" but otherwise it was the basic for people like the old lady across from me who just got a Droid X and when told of the apps said "What is a app?" and when told to just wait a few she turned stomin normin and demanded to know what they were and that dragged the class on...

Upvote 0
That class is for people who arent sure how to use their phone at all. People who dont know how to change sound settings, or who dont know how to move icons (old people). Most stores do the class once a month on a sunday before the class opens.

https://vzwworkshops.wds.vzw.com/pdaworkshop/

thats the link if you want to see.
You'll be there ("old") yourself, one of these days! Don't ridicule older people who want to learn new things, young 'un.

Upvote 0
You'll be there ("old") yourself, one of these days! Don't ridicule older people who want to learn new things, young 'un.
They're already quite a bit older, and long gone from here...check the date of the post to which you replied. As a senior citizen (technically - I can get a discount some places ;)) myself, I sympathize, but honestly, Verizon would have been the last place I'd go to learn about Android...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones