Free Incredible???General

Last Updated:

1. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been planning to add a line to my account for some time now...I'm also eligible for my upgrade, meaning I can get the DRInc for $199...Verizon is having a Buy one get one free promotion on DROID phones...can I purchase the Motorla Droid for my added line at $199 and get the DRInc as the free phone?...It says in fine print phone must be of equal or lesser value(which the Increible is)...what say you???

Advertisement
  2. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

The only buy one get one free offers I see on the website are for the Palms and Blackberries. And if there is a BOGO, I think both phones need to be activated so you'll need to have 2 phone lines and, therefore, 2 plans with data.

3. BruceWayne

There's definitely a BOGO sale on the Droid and Droid Eris...I spoke to CS earlier about it...the CSR said she wasn't sure if the Incredible will be part of the promotion when pre-order starts....she tried to get me to add the new line and buy the droid today and said the system would show I qualify for a free phone so I should have no problem buying the DRInc tomorrow....but she couldn't assure me with all confidence so I decided to wait and order the Incredible....then see if I can get the other phone....I think that's the safest bet...

4. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

The incredible costs more.

5. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

I think short answer is, no.

6. BruceWayne

How so??? The Droid is $199 online with instant discounts...the Incredible is $199 with upgrade and instant discount...the only real question is will the Inc qualify for the promotion...she insinuated it would but couldn't be sure...I'll know for sure either tomorrow or Monday...no matter the outcome I will be getting the Incredible...

7. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

The value of the phone isn't it's final price, it's the original out of contract price.

8. BruceWayne

9. seoultrain

seoultrain Well-Known Member

What's puzzling about this thread is why one would get a MoDroid and an Incredible instead of 2 Incredibles.

And Verizon isn't giving BOGO Free on Incredibles.

10. BruceWayne

I see what you mean...but look at like this...I'll just buy the Incredible with my 2 year upgrade for $199...being it's the more expensive phone without discounts...if it's part of the promotion...I can buy the Droid second then being that it is of leser value....it's worth a try since I have to add another line for the misses and I planned to buy her the Droid...she insists on a physical keyboard....essentially I'm still getting the phone for free...

11. BruceWayne

Haha...I just addressed that....she hates virtual keyboards...I tried to convince her to follow my lead...but no, she has to have a physical keyboard....

but if the Inc isn't part of the promotion, then that's just what it is...won't hurt to ask....

12. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that that just because the site says "double your droid" its not for any "droid", just a tagline. It appears to be two promotions running independently, a BOGO free on each of those phones.

And I doubt the incredible would have a similar promotion at launch. Im sure they will at some point in the future though.

13. BruceWayne

The line that got me was.."free phone must be of equal or lesser value"...that definitely implies choices...it states clearly in the add that you can purchase the droid and receive the eris for free....I'm sure they're trying to give consumers incentive to continue to buy the droid or eris in spite of the new phones that are being released....

14. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

1.) That is on the Testman website. Not the real Verizon website.

2.) Looks like it's only for the Droid and Eris.

BruceWayne likes this.
  15. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

the BOGO deals are usually to clear out phones they have plenty of....since they don't make money off the phones, they want you signing up for a data plan (which they DO make money off of).

Now, you HONESTLY think they're gonna give away their most bad ass Android device the day it comes out....for someone who isn't even a new data plan customer? c'mon now....

16. tcman5190

tcman5190 New Member

the droid is buy one get one again? I went in on april 3rd and they said it ended on the 1st.
    i returned the droid though when i found out the incredible was coming out this month

17. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

New Droid BOGO offer went into effect on the 15th.

18. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

and you KNOW there will be a ridiculous BOGO on the D.Eris for a while cause next month it's a dinosaur.

19. tcman5190

tcman5190 New Member

smh why don't they just keep it going? thanks for the response

20. Sailingmaster

Mainly because they're trying to sell as many Palms as possible, not to mention clear out the maximum amount of Tours before the Tour 2/Bold gets released.

21. greggds

greggds Well-Known Member

VZW will probably go to a "get one free, and we'll give you four more" for the Eris ;)

To the original question. It will definitely be a No. The reason you don't see that it specifically mentions the Droid Incredible as exempt from the deal is because it isn't actually out yet. Every time that Verizon launches a hyped smartphone or the updated version (i.e. Storm 2) there is a BOGO in place for older devices, but in the tiny print you will see that the new device is one of the devices that are not included in that deal.

22. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

No, the Droid Incredible is highly unlikely to be eligible for the BOGO deal considering it's a new phone and all.

23. Sailingmaster

Not to mention it will most likely get added to the CPO list as well.

24. BruceWayne

Going by your logic, it makes perfect sense....I'm going to buy the Incredible regardless....So I'm going to use my upgrade on my current line to get the Incredible....now they are essentially giving away Droids for free to as you have stated "clear out phones they have plenty of"...okay, so I'll also take a free DROID(which they are giving away anyway) and in return add an extra line and data plan for 2 years...or I can just get DRInc and keep it moving...you tell me what makes more sense, I walk away spending $200+ and keeping my one line...or they give me the phone they are trying to clear out and get an extra $960+(24 months x $40 extra on added line)....

25. BruceWayne

Now they're advertising buy any 3G Smartphone get one free...
    Buy One Get One Free!

Now that's a pretty broad umbrella...Unless they change this promotion by tomorrow night 9pm pacific time...I would think they are obligated to give me a free Droid after my purchase of the Incredible....