Free month of service

Last Updated:

1. drlipschitz

drlipschitz Member

Just got this email:

"Hi Dr. Lipschitz,

It's not every day that a customer like you comes along. So as a token of our appreciation, we wanted to give you a little something special back...a full month of service on us!

That's right - we covered your monthly charge, no strings attached. It's our way of saying thanks for being a Virgin Mobile customer.

Sound too good to be true? Nah. We already added the money to your account on or around 10/09/2012 so your phone will be set for a whole month. After that, just remember to pay your monthly payment to keep your service working. We hope you enjoy a month of service on us.

Thanks, bye! Virgin Mobile"

Anyone else gotten this? I'm on the 25/mo plan

Advertisement
  2. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

No, but if true, I'll sure be keeping my eyes open.
  3. nfs13epic

nfs13epic Well-Known Member Contributor

Im mad now, I have been a customer for 2 years and bought 3 phones from them but I still haven't got this yet :p I got the samsung intercept paid $200, then the V $50, and then The V 4G at $300 pre order...Wow I went through 3 phones in less than 2 years :p.
  4. medmansri

medmansri Well-Known Member

Don't they normally give you a free month of service when you havent top-uped up in a while?
  5. hiwatt

hiwatt Well-Known Member

That seems very doubtful.
  6. drlipschitz

drlipschitz Member

I've "topped-up" regularly every month and I've had 5 phones over the last 3 years with virgin mobile. This is the first complimentary month of service I've had and I must say its just another reason to stick to prepaid...I don't imagine Verizon customers paying $100/month even receive perks like this
  7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

It's true. I got one (as did my daughter) via US Postal Service and not in email. Just an attempt to get me back with their company (since I left 4 months ago). Sorry that the photo is sideways!

[​IMG]
  8. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

I've got that once before on a number I don't use anymore.

And not to make fun of you but when I read your name Dr. Lipschitz, it made me think of the rugrats.
  9. drlipschitz

drlipschitz Member

I'm not a real doctor, I only play one on a cartoon
  10. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

I got a free month after Hurricane Isaac. They sent me a text and said it was for "Hurricane Isaac relief"
  11. bomblord

bomblord Active Member

I've gotten it once before they added $20 to my account it didn't call it a free month though just 20 dollars for being a great customer.
  12. Latah Pines

Latah Pines Member

Recently got something similar for my son's PayLo phone. He only had it for a month, then got it "taken away" for a month, then in the mail comes a $15 bonus for topping up $15, so basically a month of service for $15. :)
  13. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member

I've gotten this before. I've had VM off and on for about 6 years and I BELIEVE I got this about 2 years ago. Pretty cool stuff when they do this!