Free music downloadsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Tara516

Tara516 Member

Does anyone know any apps for free music downloads?

cindylokz likes this.
  2. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

I wish, best I could do was Pandora and Last.FM-both radio.
  3. Tara516

Tara516 Member

oh thanks. I just got my phone yesterday. Any advice?
  4. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

Every now and then theres a free app from Music Tao on the market that you can get free music downloads from. Problem is, they keep getting booted from the market. So far I think they've had 3 apps that I know of, Music Junk, iMusic, and Music Tao.
    They may or may not make a comeback. If they do the app will probably have a difrent name and the developer might too.

Other than that, there's always Pandora,, Slacker, and iheartradio for internet radio. All free.
  5. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

I'd also suggest Shazam (free of course). If you hear music you like but don't know what it is, Shazam can identify it for you.
  6. Tara516

Tara516 Member

Nice thanks again.

I'm not sure if its because im not use to the phone yet..but everytime I download a ringtone app and download music its there..but when I shut off my phone its not there i uninstalled the app and downloaded another..same thing happend so then I downloaded.. Ringdroid? and since I downloaded to different ringtone apps I had doubles of the ringtones I downloaded showing on Ringdroid? Does that mean they are still somewhere on my phone? So confused haha....

I would set a ringtone and when i said it wasnt there when I restarted my phone the ringtone would still ring but it wasnt there.. or when I would try and change my notification(text?) sound it wouldnt change?

Sorry I must sound confusing Im confusing myself haha

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Yes, that means they are doubled up somewhere on the phone. Start by checking your sdcard.

An easy way to sort ringtones is to put them in a folder called "ringtones" on your sdcard. The phone will automatically find it and the files inside.

To change your text message tone open the message app and click the menu>settings... scroll down and change your notification sound.
  8. Tara516

Tara516 Member

How do I do that?

Would this work for the notifications?. .... settings > sounds and display > Notification sound? Cause I have tried that and it wouldnt play the new one I assigned ... then when I did get it there eventually (not sure how) the whole ringtone thing happend and the ringtone got deleted but still played and then wouldnt change again.
  9. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I have always used Mabilo for my ringtones and it does place the songs on your sd card but they are protected. I suppose that's how the app has managed to stay on the Market.
  10. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

You can connect your phone to your computer with your charging cable and "mount" the sdcard.

IIRC, that will just change your email notification sound.
  11. reidd

reidd Member

There is one right now called MP3 Download and there is a free and paid version in the marketplace. I've used it before and it worked.
  12. greenmunky

greenmunky Well-Known Member

I just downloaded two apps the other day called Music Search and Music Wizard which
    both allow you to download MP3 music files to your phone from the internet... all for free. Music Search is the only one I've really played with so far but it found the song
    I was looking for, let me stream it first to see if it was indeed correct and then I
    downloaded it... no problems.
  13. x531x

x531x Well-Known Member

I download my music from my mac or ps3. Its the easiest thing that you could possibly do on the planet lol.
  14. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Please keep suggestions legal. A site's TOS saying "don't download copyrighted music" means diddly-squat if said site allows access to that copyrighted material in the first place, and Android Forums then becomes an accessory to the offence by allowing links.
  15. wyzird

wyzird Well-Known Member

I use an app called Music online lite. It works great for me.
  16. WhoDhatDora

WhoDhatDora New Member

look upp imusic
  17. guypo

guypo New Member

by Guy
    haw do I download music

18. acdroid

acdroid New Member