• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

free ROM DL website

I'm looking to DL some free roms for my droid. I DL'd nesoid lite from the droid market. I can't find a website that will let me DL any free roms to play. If you know of a good site,lead me in the right direction,please.thank you very much

As long as you are asking for free games not warez... we do not allow warez here...

Upvote 0

That is general ROMS, the page you are after is,

ROM image - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QUOTE "
In some countries, it is legal for an individual to personally make backup copies of a game they own. Individuals may make backup copies for various reasons, perhaps as insurance against losing the game or as redundancy in the event that the original game's medium becomes unreadable. See the section on ROMs and Preservation."

Upvote 0
That is general ROMS, the page you are after is,

ROM image - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QUOTE "
In some countries, it is legal for an individual to personally make backup copies of a game they own. Individuals may make backup copies for various reasons, perhaps as insurance against losing the game or as redundancy in the event that the original game's medium becomes unreadable. See the section on ROMs and Preservation."

And further down from the part you quoted:
"However, in the U.S. it has been illegal since 1983 for a user to create their own backups of video game ROMs onto other cartridges. This was decided in the court case of Atari v. JS&A. JS&A manufactured a "game backup" device that allowed users to dump their Atari ROMs onto a blank cartridge. JS&A argued that the archival rule allowed for this. The court disagreed, noting that ROM media was not subject to the same volatility as magnetic media (for which the law was created). Thus, not being so relatively vulnerable, ROMs were not applicable under section 17 USC 117(a)(2)."

Funny how you left that out, as it's clearly visible when you look at the part you quoted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones