• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free silicone case from Sprint and HTC due to the late release debacle.

Why did I just get an alert from UPS that a SECOND package from SPCS is being delivered today?! I didn't order anything else....

Anyone else get this??

o_O

I got it too. I was hoping it was my Otterbox. Don't want a gel case, but since I wont be traveling I guess it will be enough protection. Always afraid I won't be able to get a screen protector on. Guess I should go ahead and order a case of them:)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Why did I just get an alert from UPS that a SECOND package from SPCS is being delivered today?! I didn't order anything else....

Anyone else get this??

o_O

Don't worry you are not alone.

Check out this post and a few below it:
[Official] "I've Got My Tracking Number" Thread | Post #116

I read somewhere on here that it was a gel case for the phone. The thought was that it was a make-up gift for the wait.

You must have read that somewhere else (or I missed a follow up post by someone)? There is no confirmation that I know of and I don't think anyone has received their second package as of yet? Later today they will arrive. A case or accessory would be likely?

---edit---
Looks like it will be a silicone case:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1672768

Upvote 0
Don't worry you are not alone.

Check out this post and a few below it:
[Official] "I've Got My Tracking Number" Thread | Post #116

You must have read that somewhere else (or I missed a follow up post by someone)? There is no confirmation that I know of and I don't think anyone has received their second package as of yet? Later today they will arrive. A case or accessory would be likely?

---edit---
Looks like it will be a silicone case:
HTC and Sprint Thank You - xda-developers

Those cases are the worst if you put your phone in pocket. Use to collect dust and lint like nothing and didnt slide into pockets well at all. Thats all I could get on the OG Evo and hated it . Glad Otterbox released cases alot quicker this time and hope I dont need to keep this gel thing on long.

Upvote 0
So Sprint really messed up my order...long story short I tried to cancel and they at first told me that it was not cancelled and then later redid the order for me...

Got my phone yesterday. Now I have another phone currently out for delivery with no additional charges....Seems like a huge error. No additional charges anywhere on my card. How can that happen?

EDIT ^ Unless they are sending me a blue gel case as mentioned above.

EDIT 2 ok never mind everything seems normal. Why would they spend that much to ship another item separately...

Upvote 0
i just receved a free SPRINT Body Glove protective cover from ups, not the cover i would have picked put none the less free!
"HTC and SPRINT want to thank you for your paitience as we know you have been anticipating the arrival of your new HTC EVO 4G LTE. Please accept this phone accessory as a small token of our appreciation and thanks"

Just got mine also. I didnt receive a thank you though. Just a case

Upvote 0
Well, ain't this a pleasant surprise! UPS Express Delivery just stopped by with a free gift from Sprint--an EVO LTE gel case cover. I'm going to Best Buy to get a Defender case most likely, but this unsolicited free cover from Sprint was a nice gesture.

In the package was a letter from Sprint that said:

HTC and Sprint want to thank you for your patience as we know you have been anticipating the arrival of your new HTC EVO 4G LTE. Please accept this phone accessory as a small token of our appreciation and thanks.

Upvote 0
I just got the gel case about an hour ago.....ugly case, cool gesture!:)

Not sure what I'm going to do with mine... I hate having a case on my phone... Ebay it I guess... :rolleyes:

Would have rather just had a $5 credit to my bill or something rather than wasting the $$ on shipping a product I don't want.

Nice gesture though.

Upvote 0
I just got this in the mail from Sprint! I didn't pay a dime lol, guess they felt bad that the EVO LTE was delayed?

izmfma.jpg

Upvote 0
Seriously. Blue? :)

UPS says mine is out for delivery (the bonus case - got the phone yesterday). I plan on heading to a Sprint store and seeing if I can exchange it for a different color. This is assuming it's in a regular "store" package. Can anyone confirm that? And I agree, it will be helpful until I decide on a permanent one. That's what I did with my OG EVO (started with a cheap gel case from the Sprint store just to have SOMETHING covering it, then replaced with a Seidio case).

Oops ... was writing this while the last two posts were being written. I see it's in a normal store "packaging", so I'm going to head to Sprint and see if I can get a more "girly" color. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones