• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Skype with 3

What is skype using? I'm confused - all the ratings in the market are absolutely awful because they claim it goes against international minutes.

I wanted it to use it through wifi or my unlimited data package but that doesn't seem to be the case.

This is really confusing can anyone clarify what Skype is using?

My dad has an iPhone and he can use it through Wifi - but all the android reviews say we can't use it for Wifi. Why would they do that?

Upvote 0
skype is totally free for 3 network users it does not charge you or take any of your data but you have to have credit on phone / on be on time with your contract

as i say i have used it for an easy 40hrs+ and never been charged or taken any data

also free windows live messenger i use it for probably 3 hrs a day on my phone when im at work and have done for the past 4 months with no charge

Upvote 0
I just had a hour phone conversation with 3 the network for charging me for using skype.

Basically, I have the HTC Desire HD, Skype on 3.
Skype is free to make free SKYPE to SKYPE calls

Skype requires Data to connect to Skype - which is part of data allowance, not the "skype to skype" call part...

My question was - HOW CAN IT BE FREE, if your charging me for data. their response was, they provide you will a little extra data allowance to cover this. BUT the moment you go other your allowance (in my case, 3GB) normal data allowance charges occur (in my case, 5hours =

Reactions: shadders139
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones