1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Free Skype with 3

1. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

Hi, i just downloaded the Skype App from 3 and tried a Skype to Skype conference call and i think it works really well :)

the only problem is when i log on, it doesnt have all the contacts i have on skype on my computer. is there a quick way to import all my skype contacts onto this app?

Advertisement
  2. chunkylover53

chunkylover53 Active Member

Hi

It should sync all your contacts instantly unless they cannot be contacted via any means by skype from your hero.
  3. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member

Do Skype calls count as data usage? I've never bothered with it because I thought it would work out more expensive than using free minutes!
  4. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member

i use skype and it does not take any data from your allowance neither does windows live messenger

when i first got it i thought that cant be right but a 2hr skype call later no data or charges at all and probably used skype for over 40 hrs without any charges
  5. bigcater

bigcater New Member

Which version of skype did you download?

Did you try another one?:)
  6. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

What is skype using? I'm confused - all the ratings in the market are absolutely awful because they claim it goes against international minutes.

I wanted it to use it through wifi or my unlimited data package but that doesn't seem to be the case.

This is really confusing can anyone clarify what Skype is using?

My dad has an iPhone and he can use it through Wifi - but all the android reviews say we can't use it for Wifi. Why would they do that?
  7. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member

skype is totally free for 3 network users it does not charge you or take any of your data but you have to have credit on phone / on be on time with your contract

as i say i have used it for an easy 40hrs+ and never been charged or taken any data

also free windows live messenger i use it for probably 3 hrs a day on my phone when im at work and have done for the past 4 months with no charge
  8. rabiani

rabiani New Member

I just had a hour phone conversation with 3 the network for charging me for using skype.

Basically, I have the HTC Desire HD, Skype on 3.
    Skype is free to make free SKYPE to SKYPE calls

Skype requires Data to connect to Skype - which is part of data allowance, not the "skype to skype" call part...

My question was - HOW CAN IT BE FREE, if your charging me for data. their response was, they provide you will a little extra data allowance to cover this. BUT the moment you go other your allowance (in my case, 3GB) normal data allowance charges occur (in my case, 5hours =
    shadders139 likes this.
  9. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

thanks for taking the time to clear that up :)