Free up some RAM!?General

1. tdkrypt1k

tdkrypt1k New Member

I never seem to have more then 13% RAM free... sometimes my phone can respond pretty slowly..

what is using up all my RAM and how do I free up some more!?

Advertisement
    :
  2. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

All of your apps are stored in RAM. If you have a ton of apps that will eat your RAM.
  3. colornshape

colornshape Well-Known Member

AT the risk of sounding like a wise guy, task managers can help. I use Advance Killer Pro. If I don't kill unused apps occasionally Sense tends to get killed. Seems to help me, anyway.
  4. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

system panel is very nice
  5. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

how do you even check you RAM?
  6. colornshape

colornshape Well-Known Member

Press control alt delete... wait. NM
  7. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

there is ram and rom. rom holds the apps, ram temporarily stores what it needs to run apps. just like a pc. think of rom as the hard drive. i have a bunch of apps to find whats free. or there is settings, sd card and phone storage. the phone storage would be how much rom you have to install apps. task killers, system panel, and a slew of apps will tell you. if your stock only, haha, it just dawned on me that i dont know. mine hasnt been stock from minute one.:eek:
  8. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

One thing that helps is deleting MMS messages (picture and video messages) if you have a lot of them.

Go through your sent and received messages and start deleting. This makes a big difference