free upgrade

Last Updated:

1. billster2006

billster2006 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

heres a funny story my fiance' had the droid 1 and we went to verizon because it kept restarting on its own. so they said they would send a replacement for it. however they kept sending it to our old address even though we have updated our address with them and today good ol fed ex guy comes to the door with her phone and she opens the box and low and behold droid 2 and an apology letter saying sorry the warehouse is outta d1's and heres a free upgrade to d2 how sweet is that.

Advertisement
  2. BigDaddyCool

BigDaddyCool Active Member

I got the same treatment. Not to excited... A phone with this much power under the hood shouldnt lag when you UNLOCK THE SCREEN!!!

3. J.C.Sugrue

J.C.Sugrue Member

I agree. I've been using the Droid 1 with Sapphire 1.0, OC'd to 1.2Ghz. I was excited when I saw a brand new Droid 2 in the mail after the keys started falling off of my Droid, but once I started using it I wasn't all that impressed.

Between the bloatware and the fact that it isn't compatible with the Droid 1 car mount, I was kind of unhappy. I ended up calling Verizon and telling them that their apology letter wasn't enough, and ended up with a $50 credit.

4. billster2006

billster2006 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i noticed the lag from switching screens but its her phone and she digs it however im an x man lol

5. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit Well-Known Member

I'll know friday if my girlfriend got a D1 or a D2 warrenty replacement for her D1 overheating and screen freeze, they said it would ship tonight or tomorrow. some new reports are saying they have D1 refurb back in stock, but we will see.

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I went through a bunch of D1 refurbs before VZW agreed to send me a D2 upgrade, arriving tomorrow.

I played w/a D2 today and the performance was excellent - this was with all 7 home screens and a ridiculous number of widgets loaded...expecting it to be even better w/the moto-blur widgets removed and running Launcher Pro as the home screen.

The performance of the D2 was noticeably better than my D1 (which is running CyanogenMod 6.0, Launcher Pro, four home screens/no moto-blur, and overclocked at 800Mhz). I'm expecting good things from my D2.

7. sonnysideup

sonnysideup Active Member

same thing happened to me eventually.. it took me 6 returns to get a D2 but I finally got one.. I am much happier because I didn't root the D1 and I dont plan on rooting the D2 because I dont see the point. I get what I want with out rooting it :D

8. huff825

huff825 Member

Similar experience here. My first Droid had an issue and the replacement they sent would crash every time I got a phone call. It took over a week to get and I let them know I was not happy. A few days later I got the Droid 2 with an apology letter. I would call that pretty good customer service from Verizon. Gotta give them credit when they earn it.

9. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

The X is the same way it was so irritating when i had it which is why i returned it(plus how big it was) and will be getting the fascinate. I almost got the d2 but decided to wait and see what the fascinate has to offer.