• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root FreedomPop HTC Evo Design

Hmm thats a strange one for me David. Haven't experienced that before. It should not do that. Let me ask you how many times did you flash the su above? If you only did it once, perhaps you should consider reflashing the su update, maybe something went wrong with your process.

I haven't flashed an SU binary yet, because I don't want to mess anything up. I say this because before I flash an SU binary I want CWM to work properly. My CWM is having this issue just in general, even before I flash an SU binary.

Thanks,

David

(I also started another forum on this, look for ClockworkMod issues or something like that. :) Also, my username if you want. Thanks! :) )

Upvote 0
Hmm thats a strange one for me David. Haven't experienced that before. It should not do that. Let me ask you how many times did you flash the su above? If you only did it once, perhaps you should consider reflashing the su update, maybe something went wrong with your process.

I actually successfully rooted my phone, the steps were correct. Thank you! (And to everyone.)

Thanks,

David

Upvote 0
was the phone rooted properly? There is a link to the updated superuser also. Was the phone previously rooted when you got it? Newer FP phones are not rooted according to FreedomPop moderator Taylor. You might want to pm hom in their forums for assistance or contact sutomer support. If you saved the original set up by creating a back-up you should be able to restore it through its recovery program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones