• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FreedomPop] Stock Rom Download - Need help with a wifi fix

torch2424

Sep 25, 2012
Here's the stock FreedomPop rom, Everything should be working, except wifi:

DONT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM BEFORE FLASHING, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8GQ0-i6zp0INEJ5ZkxPVFpjdkU/edit?usp=sharing

Hey guys! Im working on rebuilding the stock freedompop rom from my backup, and I got everything to boot, and work, but the only problem I'm having is getting wifi to work. It just stays on turning on.. for about a minute, then says error, and I've tried things like rebooting, and re-clearing my cache and data, and it still doesn't work.

I even tried changing the kernel, like flashing the 2fast ics kernel and the stock kernel that came with rom, swapping wpa supplicant files, swapping the wifi modules libs from various roms, and various other tweaks and things. And also, I know its not releated to a low amount of ram, since the ram manager on the setting menu shows good amounts of ram, and works fine.

does anyone have an idea that could help? thanks!

Any chance you can post stock zip ? I accidentally deleted mine... Please & thank you...

I finally uploaded, sorry for all the lag, I was really trying to get wifi working for you, but I'm throwing in the towel for a little while. I'm hoping someone will come across a fix, or is willing to test out the rom and mess around with it in the android kitchen. Anyways, enjoy!

Upvote 0
Sorry, I just saw this. This is the original file that they used. You will have to sideload it from here. Use the beta file. You can also find it in the Play Store: https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

1) Open the "WiFi Tether" app.
2) Tap the menu key, select "Settings"
3) On the settings screen, change "Change Setup-Method" to "Netd (master)" - This is the most important step. Many devices will not be able to see Ad-Hoc hotspots
4) Set Device-Profile is set to "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)"
5) Uncheck "WiFi-driver reload 2" and check "WiFi-driver reload"
6) Scroll down and select Change LAN, select "172.20.21.0/24"
7) For security, change the SSID, enable WiFi-Encryption, and set the passphrase.

Reactions: everdawn404
Upvote 0
Sorry, I just saw this. This is the original file that they used. You will have to sideload it from here. Use the beta file. You can also find it in the Play Store: https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

1) Open the "WiFi Tether" app.
2) Tap the menu key, select "Settings"
3) On the settings screen, change "Change Setup-Method" to "Netd (master)" - This is the most important step. Many devices will not be able to see Ad-Hoc hotspots
4) Set Device-Profile is set to "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)"
5) Uncheck "WiFi-driver reload 2" and check "WiFi-driver reload"
6) Scroll down and select Change LAN, select "172.20.21.0/24"
7) For security, change the SSID, enable WiFi-Encryption, and set the passphrase.

Dude, not cool. We're not talking about tethering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones