• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freeing SD room

Many folders have names that are the same as the app that created/uses the folder. If you know that you've deleted those apps you can delete the folder (either by using a file explorer app such as Astro on the phone, or by mounting the phone to your PC and using Windows Explorer).

If you happen to delete a folder for an app that's still on your phone, the app should re-create the folder next time it runs. However any data that was in the folder will be gone, so the app may not be just 'right' when you see it next.
Also, if you've backed up the folder to your computer, you have to option to bring it back if needed to fix a problem.

Upvote 0
do you have any suggestions for ones with very generic names?

data
espeak-data
froogloid (never even had an app close to this name)

there are also a bunch of empty folders, prolly ok to delete these
since they're already not being used for anything.

data I know is used by some apps; I have folders for flixster and twidroid (that one I know I can delete...) in there.

I don't have the other two myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones