Freelander i10 Basic Review

1. jupiter2012

jupiter2012 Well-Known Member

Freelander is Manufacturer famous for its GPS devices and Android tablets, and it recently published its first smartphone "i10", which is outfitted with some very advanced features such as a dual core 1G processor as well as 1G RAM, a 4.3 inch QHD TFT display, a toughened glass touchscreen, and an 8MP rear camera. I recently had the device for evaluation, and I can't wait to share with you what I have found in this mobile phone.

1. Design

[​IMG]
    Freelander i10 has a very low-profile yet unique design, without following the path of many other Chinese manufacturers who are copycatting those best sellers on the market.

[​IMG]
    Although only $199 in price, it is far from being a cheap-feeling device. It's got a really solid toughened glass 2 front, a well-packaged interior and a robust battery cover.

[​IMG]

The size of the phone is 127.5x65x9.8mm, not the thinnest or the lightest, but very easy to hold by hand. It has a 4.3 inch QHD TFT display to its front, four touch buttons below that display. Around the sides of the device are two volume buttons, a power button, and a 3.5mm earphone jack.

[​IMG]
    Once the battery cover is removed, we could see that this phone has two SIM card slots, and can support the two simultaneously. It also has a TF card slot, and can extend the storage to 32GB, a very useful feature since the phone itself has only 4GB storage and a pitiful 512M ROM.

2. Screen
    As is said earlier, the phone has a 4.3 QHD TFT display and a multi-touch screen. Not using a more advanced display such as AMOLED or SLCD is a shame, but the TFT screen has the advantages of lower costs, better display density than most AMOLED screens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I10

Advertisement