• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freeze, screen fade out, must remove battery.

Notuom

Lurker
Jul 9, 2011
Hello there,

(before you read, if you don't want to read the whole thread for additional info and whatnot, the title says what the problem is about, really.)

First off, sorry if there are already similar threads. I searched and didn't find except one with a Droid phone in which similar issues happened

Okay, so this is a weird bug I had yesterday, after about 1 month of using the phone, which makes me pretty anxious.

My cousin had the same bug twice and she's had the phone since a week or so. I got it after she told me about it, but before it worked fine.

Anyway, just to clarify the title, the bug, for me (no details about my cousin, i'll ask her to see if it's different and update the thread with the info), happened this way: I was waiting for a browser page (or facebook, sorry, I'm not sure anymore, but if any of you had the bug you'll recognize it) to load, it didn't do anything (no part of the page loaded) but I couldn't do anything anymore - no soft keys, no touch screen interaction - no power button, and shortly after my screen turn off delay, the screen turned off and it stayed off and I couldn't do anything but remove the battery to restart.

I was just wondering if any of you had encountered this freeze bug with this phone, or is it a general android issue, or an issue with HTC's default browser, facebook, any other app that is know to cause problems?... I don't want it to happen anymore and either way I really want to know why it did that if anyone happens to know.

FYI, I'm running Android 2.3, my cousin too. Never happened with 2.2... I'm with Telus, in Quebec, Canada. Didn't hack, change firmware, root or anything, don't know anything about that yet.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Karl

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones