• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freezes and reboots automatically

BillyBoJimBob

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
I've had my Cliq XT for 20 months now. It has frozen before, but never this bad or this often. Sometimes it will attempt to fix itself with an automatic reboot, but lately I can't get more than a few minutes at most out of it before it freezes. I still have four months before I can replace my phone. I've never rooted this phone. It has Android 1.5 "Cupcake" installed with MotoBlur.

When loading the desktop contents after a reboot or recover from freeze it seems to freeze when trying to load the Messaging widget.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

When loading the desktop contents after a reboot or recover from freeze it seems to freeze when trying to load the Messaging widget.

MotoBlur: It appears to be using the most CPU during bootup. I installed OSMonitor and it was showing components of the MotoBlur app to be the most CPU hungry.

I'm still not sure what I can do about it.

Upvote 0
Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Every single time I try to use my motorola Cliq XT, it's frozen. I have to keep restarting it until it finally works. Then I usually can only complete one task & it freezes up again. It's a pain in the neck. I HATE this phone!
I disabled most of my email, facebook, twitter... it's pretty much useless. I'm stuck with it for another 6 months.

Upvote 0
Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Every single time I try to use my motorola Cliq XT, it's frozen. I have to keep restarting it until it finally works. Then I usually can only complete one task & it freezes up again. It's a pain in the neck. I HATE this phone!
I disabled most of my email, facebook, twitter... it's pretty much useless. I'm stuck with it for another 6 months.
I found out it was the corporate email app. When I uninstalled it, the phone behaved perfectly for a week. I reinstalled it and it immediately started freezing and rebooting again. I'm still looking for a replacement app, but it isn't a high priority.

I had done a master reset, erasing all settings and every externally installed app. I configured the pre-installed corporate email app and saved my settings. It immediately started freezing and restarting. I then uninstalled it and the phone began working perfect again. I waited a week without any further issue and then installed it again only to have it go non-functional again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones