Freezing,force closing,not bootingSupport

Last Updated:

1. italygrl1

italygrl1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So yesterday morning my phone started freezing..It always freezes but like real bad so i took the battery out and put it back in and turned it on and it went all the way to the screen where samsung is across it and black in the background and stayed there for 20 minutes and it wouldnt boot past that so i did it again and this time it stayed there for 40 minutes so i called technical support and they refreshed my device and that didnt work so they said to bring it to a store to have it checked out...

I have done this before and all they did was reset the whole phone so i didnt wanna waste my time waiting for the phone to be ready to be picked up so i did a hard reset myself and wiped the cache.It is force closing everythng and still freezes..Is there anything else i can do or am i going to be forced to go to the store?.....

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Download the 2.1 updater here - Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - Samsung Moment with Google. Install the program and follow on-screen instructions. This will reflash you phone back to stock 2.1 and will clear up and software issues. If your problems continue after this you have a hardware problem and should have the phone replaced. Any problems just ask.

3. italygrl1

Well,i already did the 2.1 update back when it came out so will it help to do it again? Im trying to avoid having the phone replaced since i have had it replaced twice already and im tired of waiting for a new phone to come in..It's annoying,i am getting an evo with my tax return so i just have to deal with this one until feb :mad:...Nothing but issues with this phone..Its certainly not worth what i paid for it!!

If you think it will work though then ill re-do the 2.1 update.
    Thanks.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Re flashing to 2.1 might correct file corruption and since you already tried a hard reset, is worth a try at this point.

5. italygrl1

I tried doing it and i get to the part where you put the usb cable in and it doesnt read it.It just sits there trying to connect.I dont get it,it worked the first time.Is there another way to do it? I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers too and that doesnt work.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

After waiting a bit, try disconnecting and reconnectingg the usb cable. I know it says specifically not to do this, but it's worked for me several times. Jst make sure you're not disconnecting during a transfer, that would be bad!

7. italygrl1

Well it wouldnt work on my laptop but it worked on my husbands desktop.Not sure why but it did and so far so good.Thanks :D

8. pcred2002

pcred2002 Member

I uploaded a maintenance release Saturday and then was prompted to load another one Sunday morning...I'm happy to report that most of my issues are fixed (as of now)...I haven't locked up once since loading the update. Email is working correctly too.