• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Freezing Issue on volume, HELP!

qwiktune

Feb 17, 2010
USA
So on my droid eris, when I hit the volume button on the side, or I go into settings and try and change the volume my screen freezes and after waiting awhile it says its Not Responding and to force close? This is everytime I try and adjust it...

...also when I get a call, if I click answer it freezes on the call screen and wants me to force close that also

Have you tried tried turning the phone off and then back on?

Then the question that will inevitably be asked. Are you using a task killer? :)

I downloaded the audio manager widget from the Market for all of my volume controls. Although lately I've noticed that my "notifications" sound isn't adjustable - it's visible from the widget, but dim and won't let me adjust it.

Upvote 0
i have that volume manager, shows volume is up, yet no sound, and like i said it freezes, turned phone off then back on, sound works but now FORCE CLOSE FORCE CLOSE...etc, deleted abunch of apps, but no luck with gettin my phone back "online" cuz it wont connect to the network

good ol

HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

when I try and connect it to the network

ANYONE LINK ME TO A BACKUP APP I CAN MAUNAL INSTALL ON MY PHONE TO BACK UP MY CONTACTS..etc, Apprently i cant download apps through WiFi for some reason

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones