Freezing issues including clock not updatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Espy

Espy Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 26, 2010
    Edit: I searched for help before I posted this, but just now saw this thread: I will try to figure out how to mount my card and check for corrupted files...

This started two days ago. When I try to open some programs, or try to get out of some programs, the screen will freeze, or go black, or only show the taskbar at the top and the rest of the screen will be black. Most of the time it won't respond, and I have to take the battery out to restart the phone.

Now, the clock (in both my clock widget - Beautiful Widgets, AND in the upper right hand corner) is not updating to the correct time. My gmail app also isn't syncing and checking for new email.

I can access most of the settings 75% of the time without it freezing, but whenever I try to access "SD & phone storage" it freezes. Today is the first day that it is not freezing completely and allows me to go back to the main screens.

I was thinking that maybe there is an issue with the SD card (I have a 16GB one), because of that setting screen not loading, and only certain programs will not run properly. Swype is not working, Seesmic (for twitter) is not opening and usually freezes it, and I can't load the HTC Sense home app isntead of LauncherPro. To be honest, I don't know which apps are installed on the SD card and which are on the phone storage.

I have tried to mount the phone storage and SD card as a disk on my Mac, but the computer is saying that it is not supported. I have been able to do it before.

Does anyone know if those apps are loaded to the SD card? And does anyone have any other ideas on what to try? How can I check the SD card's space left or do anything with it if I can't get it to mount? or should I just call Verizon and try to get a replacement?

Thanks for any help!