Freezing issues...

Last Updated:

1. djtravtrav

djtravtrav Member This Topic's Starter

Sometimes i have to take the battery out just because it will freeze and not let me do anything on screen... i turn screen off and back on, its frozen... wth.

anyone else having this issue? last time it happened i was uploading music (which will bring my next thread of questions).

Advertisement
  2. lg92928

lg92928 Active Member

I just started having that issue this morning. Yesterday everything was fine with it. This morning my screen is frozen in the 'sleep' mode. I had to pull the battery about 4 times cause it kept doing it. which I hate doing because I have to take the hard cover off it.

3. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

Mine froze when I was loading up a website in the browser and trying to open my notifications window to get to a new gtalk message.

it would just lock up for a minute but i waited a while and kept pressing home and eventually it unfroze

4. djtravtrav

also sometimes i have to push the power button several times to turn the screen on... anyone else with this issue?

5. pettit03

pettit03 Active Member

Happened to me twice in a row ast night, but for me I had to pull the battery out both times, smooth sailing every since.

6. djtravtrav

bump, still wondering, damnt! its frozen again!

7. djtravtrav

calling verizon about this now... i might have a defective phone... getting tired of these issues

8. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

You very well may, because I haven't had any freezing issues since I got the phone yesterday morning.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have only had the phone for about 5 hours, and I have just now put it on the charger, but I have had no freezing issues yet. Uptime on the phone is about 3 hours (I hate having to remove the battery to access the microSD card)

10. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I have heard a a few different people with the same freezing issues , and a replacement device was the solution to no more freezing.

11. djtravtrav

yep, just got off the phone with verizon tech support and they said to turn it in and get a new one.

12. GrandMasterB

Can you do that locally? There are 0 Verizon Stores for 200 miles where I live. Also does that count as your 30 WFG?

13. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

Definitely call Verizon if it's freezing. I've been using mine heavily (email, texting, apps, browsing, playing games) and have yet to see it freeze once.

14. djtravtrav

yes im doing it locally... and 30 WFG is what?

15. GrandMasterB

WTF is WFG?? lol jk. Does it count as your 1 exchange under the Worry Free Guarantee. So can you still change you mind and get a different device if you want in the next 30 days or is it now officially used? I had a White Chocolate with severe battery issue a few years back and they told me if I exchange it for a new White Chocolate it would count as my 1 exchange. That always seemed unfair to me.

16. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

You should never have to deal with constant freezing. You better get a replacement.

17. djtravtrav

no it doesnt count towards that... i dont think so, i wil ask and post it later when i actually do it....

its not my fault i have a defective phone... if i continue not to like it i will change it into another phone or cancel my contract. i dont want verizon, i want something better than att and tmobile iphone... i hate their service... love the iphone tho... i want the droid or nothing at all.

its a great phone and im enjoying it greatly, love the 3g and service... the features are great... just im tired of it freezing and the screen staying black on me when i press the power button, once that is fixed im happy.

18. wrek

wrek New Member

Mine started rebooting yesterday about 6 times and it froze for the first time this morning. I had to pull the battery out and it started up just fine.. now it says it 5:01PM Dec 31, 1969.

19. djtravtrav

yeah when u take the battery out u have to do the auto time thing in settings... i turned my phone in and new phone works great, no issues... turns out i had a defective one....

so if ur having multiple freeze issues and ur screen stays black after hitting the power button several times... turn it in for a new phone!

didnt go against my WFG... hope no one else has this issue, if u do, call verizon and get a new phone. hope this helps.

20. wrek

wrek New Member

I took the phone in and they said i was the first one returning with issues. I told them what happens and they sort of shrugged and thought maybe its the apps that I installed but I told them it started even before I installed any...

well fingers crossed on the new one.

21. agudo

agudo New Member

I have occasional freezing, too. Many dozens of apps loaded. Might that be why? Other solutions?

22. trugapeach229

trugapeach229 New Member

My phone is from Alltel and I had and have the same issues as most or all of you. I was sent a new phone and it too is doing the same thing. I have the HTC wildfire 2.1