Freezing since 4.3 updateSupport

1. Beanz08

Beanz08 Member

Hi all,
    I got the option of an update the other day to firmware 4.3 and am seriously regretting it. Since the update the majority of my most used apps will freeze for a couple of seconds every now and then. For instance when typing text it will lock up then after 3 seconds or suddenly catch up with what ive typed, much like working on a slow computer where you have lots of programs running at the same time.
    It can be more irritating when using twitter or facebook type apps where i haven't realised its froze so tap the screen again only to find that when it kicks back in i've clicked a link within the link.

Has anybody else come across this and have any remedies??
    If not whats my best option? A factory reset or do i need to go into recovery mode?- if so how :)?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

If you're not rooted, you can go into your phones settings and do a factory reset from there. Be sure to backup pictures or anything else important to your PC or some other safe place. ;)

Normally when apps misbehave after an OTA update install it is due to either corrupt files (which can happen when the OTA files overwrite the current files) or 3rd party apps not being compatible.

I personally always do a factory reset directly after an OTA update install just so I can prevent any possibility of having troubles like you've described. Of course there's always the lucky ones who never have any issues at all after an OTA update.
  3. Beanz08

Beanz08 Member

Did the factory reset and have used it for 2 days and all seems good again (other than having to remember all number of passwords :) ), can't really see much difference in 4.3 other than the multitasking in stock browser but glad its all working smoothly again.
    Thanks.