• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freezing up and rebooting

I'll probably first do a reset...I see that most apps are stored on phone. and that after reset I can reinstall from my google acct. Should i move apps to sd card first? what would that accomplish. Will that save any config data stored in app?

Thats what I did. Mine was starting to freeze and reboot on its own recently. I bought my Warp around January 2012. It was fine for about a year and then started freezing or rebooting almost every day. FRUSTRATING! I started to worry that it would lock up in an emergency and I'd be screwed. I was thinking just like you and considering a factory reset with no apps. What I tried first was moving all my apps I could to my SD card and my phone has been working much better. Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Click on every application and if you have the option move it to SD Card.

This phone was built with an inferior processor. Its a single core and can't handle much traffic on the phone. Thats why the Sequent was built with a better processor. Hope this helps. You may need atleast a 4 to 8 GB SD Card to move your apps over.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Well what I did was reset back to factory settings. Of course doing that is booting up much better like it did originally. Obviously some app (that I probably didnt use at all wasnt playing nicely with the phone. Its going to take time to go through what I had and just add back apps I really actually used. If you move an app to sd card how does that effect the app. Does it run any different will any personal settings be saved that way should another reset be needed

Upvote 0
Well what I did was reset back to factory settings. Of course doing that is booting up much better like it did originally. Obviously some app (that I probably didnt use at all wasnt playing nicely with the phone. Its going to take time to go through what I had and just add back apps I really actually used. If you move an app to sd card how does that effect the app. Does it run any different will any personal settings be saved that way should another reset be needed

Mostly what moving apps to sd-card does is free up space on the phone, same deal goes for losing/saving data though.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones