• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
please help me fix this problem..

my Ideos s7 slim is freezing when i start it up..

I've had mine for several months now and though I don't use it very much now I have never had it freeze.

Where does it freeze (at what screen?) Can you shut it off (sleep or full shut off)? Have you tried holding down the power button for a long time to reset it?

Upvote 0
I've had mine for several months now and though I don't use it very much now I have never had it freeze.

Where does it freeze (at what screen?) Can you shut it off (sleep or full shut off)? Have you tried holding down the power button for a long time to reset it?

I tried Hard Reset but it still freezing..

It started when I'm about to unlock it...

Upvote 0
I tried Hard Reset but it still freezing..

It started when I'm about to unlock it...

I tried to get my SLIM into "recovery mode" last night. After several different keypress combinations, I got into a two line mode "something about fastboot and pressing two other soft keys to reboot" Nothing would work after that. No key presses would do anything more.

Then I remembered reading a list of things to do in another forum when your device locks up. Midway through the list it said to completely drain the battery. I left it on all night and in the morning tried to boot it normally to make sure the battery was dead. I got a couple to boot vibrations and a momentary splash screen. I started to charge it and then tried to boot it again. FIXED!! Now it is fine and I didn't loose any of my apps. You may want to try this for your problem. I hope it works!

Reactions: mcpmarsh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones