frequency of HTC updates?

Last Updated:

1. kilo6

kilo6 Member This Topic's Starter

How often does HTC do updates? My mate has a blackberry storm (poor girl lol) and it seems to always be updating on her, it drives her crazy!

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Well they have already released one, and support told me are they working on another as we speak.

3. Medodroid

Medodroid Member

Does the updaits come in all Europe at the same time ? And are they ower-the air or hows that caled ? :p

4. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

why would you need updates in first place? isn't the device (HTC desire) working as it should be working?
    well mine is working better than i could've imagined or better than i could've expected my samsung galaxy to work.
    so for me updates are not relevant at all as long as everything is working :)

5. nottmbantam

nottmbantam Active Member

With having Nokia Symbian phones over the last few years, I always update as soon as the new FW is out - it keep the phone running more efficiently and effectively IMHO, and would always recommend it. Simple enough, not much stress or hassle.

6. Medodroid

Medodroid Member

Some one answer pls :)

7. 400ixl

400ixl Well-Known Member

Not sure about all of Europe at the same time as different mobile operators can have them at different times within the same country.

But yes they are over the air (OTA as many put).

And as for other questions about why are they needed. Well hopefully to fix any bugs found, but equally to add new features. HTC are reportedly working on AVI playback functionality which would be good to get in a near future update.

Medodroid likes this.
  8. Naughty_Ottsel

Naughty_Ottsel Member

I always thought that updates were released through Europe at the same time it is just Dependant on the carrier and how quickly they adjust the update for their handsets

9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Yep, unbranded handsets will get hte update as soon as HTC release it. So they will be first. Then the individual carriers that have installed a modified version of the HTC firmware will/will not release at their pleasure!

10. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Well-Known Member

Now watch You Tube or many other videos/video sites and say that - all audio is out of sync!