Frequent crashesSupport

Last Updated:

1. cgulick

cgulick Member This Topic's Starter

My Incredible has recently started to crash frequently and it seems to keep getting worse, now at least once or twice per day. It never crashes while I am using it, but I will go to check it later and it is dead. This is getting frustrating because I am missing calls without even knowing the phone is off. I either have to pop the battery or plug into power to force a reboot. I

Advertisement
  2. mched

mched Well-Known Member

I have had a similar issue although not once or twice a day, more like once or twice per week. When mine does reboot itself, it is usually when running Slacker Radio.

3. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

call verizon it is probably part of the harware mine used to reset a lot but it does not do it as much anymore

4. mtsullvn

mtsullvn New Member

I have been having this problem at work, but not at home. I found that my business wireless had a signal that fluctuated between good to weak to no signal at all, up and down all day long. At home, the DSL wireless remained constant.

On a whim, I shut off the wi-fi signal from work, and pirated someone else's DSL signal. The problem stopped altogether!

It seems that the phone was on wi-fi all the time, either through GPS or searching for upgrades to the apps installed. As my signal strength fluctuated, the phone would crash in the middle of a search or download.

I have a 10 year-old router, which I have ordered a replacement for, and have been assured that it will perform much more reliably. Hope my experience helps others.